CurlTalk

Graduation Cap Struggle

TakniiTaknii Posts: 25Registered Users
Sooo my high school graduation is in a week and man, I'm getting so much anxiety about my hair.
I'm rocking this awkward length, kinda tapered hair. And I usually do a flexi-rod/perm rod set as a style. It's just too big omg. Idk how I should put it on my head?? What do you think?
I absolutely refuse to let my mom make me put heat on my hair again. :lovestory:

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,707Registered Users Curl Novice
    Ugh, graduation caps! Technically, the cap is supposed to go down over your forehead, so anything that has curl or wave at the roots is probably not going to work. Could you do some kind of beachy wave thing, with ringlets just at the bottom, and a flatter top? If it were me, I would probably try to pull my hair back (or pin it back somehow, if not long enough) so that the style in general is sleeker and wouldn't be affected as much by the cap.

I feel your pain.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,707Registered Users Curl Novice
    Ugh, graduation caps! Technically, the cap is supposed to go down over your forehead, so anything that has curl or wave at the roots is probably not going to work. Could you do some kind of beachy wave thing, with ringlets just at the bottom, and a flatter top? If it were me, I would probably try to pull my hair back (or pin it back somehow, if not long enough) so that the style in general is sleeker and wouldn't be affected as much by the cap.

I feel your pain.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • GlamourstruckkGlamourstruckk Posts: 265Registered Users
    I've seen people cut the cloth cap part and mount the board on a headband. No one will know the difference!
    Kayla
    Youtube - Blog
    4b/Density:iii/Strands:Fine, Low Porosity/MBL
  • TakniiTaknii Posts: 25Registered Users
    Thanks guys! :) I know I'm late responding but I took the headband advice and looked up some tutorials! It turned out good!:icescream: