CurlTalk

AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,715Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I recently bought some products from Oribe that contain something called AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein. I posted on the Reddit Curly board about whether the products could cause problems for protein-sensitive hair.

Someone who obviously had knowledge about chemistry posted in response and said that this protein has been treated in such a way that it is basically no longer a protein, and she did not seem worried that it would be a problem. I responded to her post with a follow-up query, to find out for sure that it would not bond to the hair, but she did not respond.

I'm new on that board and am not sure whether it's good etiquette to PM this person for more info. Does anyone here know whether this ingredient is likely to cause a problem for protein-sensitive hair? I would just test it out myself, but I'm already dealing from protein overload and am not sure I would be able to tell if a product containing this is a problem.
Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
RO: IN Harmonic
LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Comments

• WavycatWavycat Posts: 281Registered Users
    It sounds like you already bought it. If that's the case could you test on some shed hairs?
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,715Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hmmm, that's an idea. I've never done that before. I always figured that I wouldn't be able to tell if it's just on shed hair. But if I gather enough of them together, I could probably get a pretty good clump and then try. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair