Hair Since Wash Day Last Friday(5-6 Days)

machermacher Posts: 1,008Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Haven't been using any styling products just spritzing my hair well with my water / GVP Conditioning Balm mixture. Spritzing it pretty wet then applying less diluted GVP to my very very ends then squish it in with cupped waiter in my palms.

So far I'm happy with the results but I'm also being more conscious what my hair needs and my hairs over health. I'm noticing that since I stopped using Deva Frizz Free Volumizing Foam my hair isn't as 'strong' but it's still somewhat strong. I'm not sure if the hold of the Foam made it feel stronger or not. What I'm experimenting with is to get my hair to it's most natural raw state without too much products. I'm thinking that without the use of a styling product like the Foam my hair isn't as defined and doesn't retain hydration. Or does the Foam actually add some moisture.

https://imgur.com/gallery/jru8M

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,149Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    No thoughts on what the foam is doing, but I wanted to say that your hair looks absolutely amazing!
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • machermacher Posts: 1,008Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Therese1 wrote: »
    No thoughts on what the foam is doing, but I wanted to say that your hair looks absolutely amazing!

Looks good in the morning but after a day of work working outside...

https://imgur.com/gallery/nNvUX

Thanks to you for suggesting to stop using protein.

The Foam has polyquats and has somewhat of a build up which I why I stopped using it. The Build Up wasn't terrible as I only used a very small amount.
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been finding that the less washing I do to my hair the better. The water messes up the curl and pulls it out and so does shampoo. I love Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray because it gives great hold without any weight or buildup. If you need to wash out buildup, one thing to try (works for me) is just to scrunch in shampoo and water, no intense scrubbing or lathering. Some ACV can be good too (depending what you're washing out). My curls can go for a week, easily, without needing a rewash, and are easily 3A, some even closer to 3B, so long as I avoid washing under the shower head. I only use IN for styling product. I'll spray in some water mixed with conditioner after diffusing a little. No other product. I, too, am discovering that the closer I get to the natural state of my hair, the better. There was a member here, Herb, who posted his hair just scrunching in water/some product (just one product), no flat out washing... it was gorgeous and so defined. Minimalism is starting to become a thing. :)

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    naturecat wrote: »
    I've been finding that the less washing I do to my hair the better. The water messes up the curl and pulls it out and so does shampoo. I love Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray because it gives great hold without any weight or buildup. If you need to wash out buildup, one thing to try (works for me) is just to scrunch in shampoo and water, no intense scrubbing or lathering. Some ACV can be good too (depending what you're washing out). My curls can go for a week, easily, without needing a rewash, and are easily 3A, some even closer to 3B, so long as I avoid washing under the shower head. I only use IN for styling product. I'll spray in some water mixed with conditioner after diffusing a little. No other product. I, too, am discovering that the closer I get to the natural state of my hair, the better. There was a member here, Herb, who posted his hair just scrunching in water/some product (just one product), no flat out washing... it was gorgeous and so defined. Minimalism is starting to become a thing. :)

I'm not into hair sprays but might consider it.

This is what my hair looks like in the morning before I go to work. This is since I washed last Friday with my refreshing routine in between. Without using a lot of products my hair is definitely healthier.

https://imgur.com/gallery/cdHh9

Shame I don't work in an office cause it would stay like this with some frizz by the end of the day. I work outside and my hair gets beat up.
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Posts: 852Registered Users, Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Your hair is looking amazing! I'm jealous you can go so long without washing. If I skip the wash even for a day, my hair goes flat and limp.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2C/3A, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Innersense Color Radiance Conditioner
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
    janiegirl wrote: »
    Your hair is looking amazing! I'm jealous you can go so long without washing. If I skip the wash even for a day, my hair goes flat and limp.

I do have to refresh / condition my hair daily by getting my hair like 30 - 40% wet by spritzing it with a water / GVP Conditioning Balm mixture.
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is so defined. Yeah wind can be brutal, I think especially for those of us who are light on product. Strong hold may be your best friend, or at least just use one product, like a gel, that has a lot of definition/hold to it.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file