I'm sure everyone is feeling a bit jaded by these hair type questions, right?

mqgicboymqgicboy Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I was never too curious about my hair type because many say that it's unimportant and arbitrary.
Recently, I've received a lot of comments about my hair and my hair type. It's not a big deal but I'm curious too.
Here are a few pictures: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Some stats about my hair and routine:
-I've been growing out my hair for about a year and 11 months, almost 2 years.
-I haven't tried deep condition yet
-I use Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner
-I use the Aussie Moist Conditioner as my leave in
-I've recently started using the LOC method
-I use the Camile Rose Naturals Curl Maker as my styler
-I've only ever tried wash and go's
Thank you to anyone who replies.

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What gorgeous hair!
    I see many types of curl. Everything from 3B, to down at the bottom where the curl is much tighter, 3C and 4A maybe at the nape of your neck. If I had to pick one overall, I'd say 3C. I suspect if you deep condition the stretched out curls towards your crown will curl more and be more consistently 3C all over.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    What gorgeous hair!
    I see many types of curl. Everything from 3B, to down at the bottom where the curl is much tighter, 3C and 4A maybe at the nape of your neck. If I had to pick one overall, I'd say 3C. I suspect if you deep condition the stretched out curls towards your crown will curl more and be more consistently 3C all over.

3A/f/i
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • IsaiahTBIsaiahTB Posts: 3Registered Users
    Yeah— definitely looks like a 3B/3C. I love your hair lol, it makes for a brilliant wash and go!
  • mqgicboymqgicboy Posts: 2Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @IsaiahTB Thank you!
    @naturecat When my hair was shorter, I didn't notice how different the curls around my head was but now that it's longer when I style my hair, the lengths have been a bit inconsistent (the top gets less shrinkage than the bottom) but hopefully when I start deep condition, my curls will look more uniform. Thank you for your reply!
    Also it may be a matter of hold. Hair on top tends to get weighted down by water and its own length. When I put harder hold products closer to my scalp I get better curl formation there. It will take some experimenting to see what your hair likes. :)

3A/f/i
  • Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is gorgeous!
    I'm not good with typing but I'll leave a chart where you can compare and get a better idea.
    Take the fallen strands and compare them to the chart, you will probably find out there are more than one pattern in there but the majority fall in one category :)
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is gorgeous!
    I'm not good with typing but I'll leave a chart where you can compare and get a better idea.
    Take the fallen strands and compare them to the chart, you will probably find out there are more than one pattern in there but the majority fall in one category :)
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    2c, dense and coarse hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file