Another noob with tons of curiosity!

RainbowloveRainbowlove Registered Users Posts: 5
Hello, I'm 27 a mom and a wife! I just started the CG method about​ three weeks ago. I've read the book too. I have no idea what type of hair I have... It's a 2a/b I think. If you know let me know haha! My hair is very thick and my strands are coarse. I'm not 100% sure, but with some random tests I've found online my hair seems to he high porosity as well. My hair doesn't tangle too horribly when dry, but while it's wet it's a pain!! I found this site while researching how to detangle in the shower. My hair is pretty damaged from all the years of coloring, bleaching, and hot tools.

I washed my hair today with Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo only on my scalp, used Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Condition all over, then applied OGX Renewing + Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Penetrating Oil for Dry & Coarse hair, then styled with Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie, and plopped for 30mins and then air dried and this is how it came out.

P.S. I'm so new to this! So please offer any suggestions on what would be good for my hair type! (Also if you know my hair type that would be helpful too!) I'm super nice and love all the help I can get! :compress:

(I also hope these pictures work... Hehe if there is a better way let me know lol!)

20170526_160732_zpsrlwzeqh0.jpg

20170526_160549_zps0ycxfjup.jpg

20170526_160516_zpsnqjb4yhf.jpg

Comments

• bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Hi Rainbowlove,

Welcome to nc.com. Hope the CG method works for you. BTW, if you are trying to avoiding silicones, that OGX Argan Oil is almost entirely made up of silicones. Actually it looks like Argan Oil is the last ingredient:

OGX Renewing Argan Oil Of Morocco Penetrating Oil

Cyclopentasiloxane Dimethicone CYCLOMETHICONE D4 C12-15 alkyl benzoate Butylphenyl methylpropional Linum usitatissimum oil Fragrance (Irritating to eyes) Argania Spinosa.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • RainbowloveRainbowlove Registered Users Posts: 5
    bomega wrote: »
    Hi Rainbowlove,

Welcome to nc.com. Hope the CG method works for you. BTW, if you are trying to avoiding silicones, that OGX Argan Oil is almost entirely made up of silicones. Actually it looks like Argan Oil is the last ingredient:

OGX Renewing Argan Oil Of Morocco Penetrating Oil

Cyclopentasiloxane Dimethicone CYCLOMETHICONE D4 C12-15 alkyl benzoate Butylphenyl methylpropional Linum usitatissimum oil Fragrance (Irritating to eyes) Argania Spinosa.

You are so right!! I didn't even notice that.... I actually already had the product. I will be cutting it out of my new routine! Thank you for that!!! I will be fixing my pictures too.... I see they are not working. :D
  • bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    Your hair looks pretty good. It does look like 2b to me, but that might change as the condition improves. My hair is kind of the opposite of yours so I don't have direct experience with high-porosity coarse hair, but I've read that protein is helpful for damaged hair, and those Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus formulas are formulated with silk protein which should really help. Shea Moisture also makes a "High Porosity" formula if you wanted to try it. If you want to do oil treatments, using regular coconut oil might help too, since it can act like a protein sometimes. When I apply oil, I usually wet my hair first. You could also try spraying with aloe vera (the kind you have to refrigerate after opening) before applying oil.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • RainbowloveRainbowlove Registered Users Posts: 5
    Cool! Thank you so very much! DH is going to start thinking I'm crazy with all the products and new things I need to buy! ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file