{if $User.SignedIn} {literal}
{$User.Name}
{/literal} {/if}

2c/3a hair I think ._. Could I pull off a pixie?

I really hate longer hair I'm in the process of growing out a short bob, it's back to shoulder length now. I don't mind having to style it that's fine. I'm just trying to get opinions and thoughts from anyone else with curly hair, I'm the black sheep in my family the only one with curly hair haha.
20170522_203127_zpsgozd9czl.jpg

Comments

• RafterBatRafterBat Posts: 182Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm a 2c-3a but my hair seems a lot coarser than yours. I'd love a pixie myself, but the shorter I go, the more wiry and Frankenstein-esque it gets!
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think you could get a nice pixie, but you never know how your hair will react when short. So give it a try. Find a model that will work with curly hair and find a good stylist.
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • MountaincurlMountaincurl Posts: 571Registered Users
    I think you could get a nice pixie, but you never know how your hair will react when short. So give it a try. Find a model that will work with curly hair and find a good stylist.
    I agree about finding a good stylist. Make sure to look at photos of pixie cuts they've done on people in the past. I have 2c hair and I had a pixie for years. Just know that you will have to style your hair every day and your products/methods may change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,223Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Looking at your photo, I don't know if you would like a pixie, but I do think you need a different hairstyle. Something with some layers would be flattering. Your hair looks shiny and healthy which is very pretty but I think you would really benefit from a better, more modern style.

It's always such a gamble when you get a haircut! I've always wanted a pixie but I have kind of a long face and I don't think a pixie would work on me. It might be fun on you! Best of luck and please let us know how it turns out.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file