Devacut on 2b/c hair?

MaryBarryMaryBarry Registered Users Posts: 3
Hi! I'm currently in the process of transitioning and in desperate need of a haircut. I've never had my hair cut with the intent of wearing it natural. Is it worth spending the money on a Devacut? Or are they meant more for our curlier sisters and brothers?

Thanks in advance for any advice!! :)
currently using SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. Using SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk with Curling Gel Soufflé.

Comments

• la_ninonla_ninon Registered Users Posts: 118 Curl Neophyte
    I've never been to a Deva/Ouidad salon, but I think you can get a great cut from any skilled stylist who understands curly hair and has good communication skills. I just started seeing a new stylist who has curly hair himself and he encouraged me to embrace my natural texture. He cut my hair partially dry and it looks fab.
    Lo Poo: MOP Hydrating Shampoo
    Leave-Ins: CJ Beauticurls, Briogeo Rosarco Spray
    Rinse-Outs: Intelligent Nutrients Harmonic Conditioner, Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine
    Stylers: L'Oreal Out of Bed Texturizer, Bumble & Bumble Bb. Gel, Yarok Hair Whip, Davines Volu Spray
    Treatments: ACV rinse, CJ Curl Rehab, caffeine solution spray

2C-3A, fine, low-medium porosity, low-medium density, sensitive scalp, protein-sensitive
  • MaryBarryMaryBarry Registered Users Posts: 3
    I don't have a set stylist at the moment. I've always been horrible about getting trims/cuts. I never knew why having my hair done gave me such anxiety until I started researching the curly girl method, now I know it's because I've struggled with my wavy frizzy hair. I have no clue what my natural hair looks like, I'm only about a month in to transitioning.

I found a deva inspired stylist locally that has some good reviews so maybe I'll keep my appointment to manage my current beast lol.
    currently using SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. Using SheaMoisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk with Curling Gel Soufflé.
  • bomegabomega Registered Users Posts: 1,355 Curl Virtuoso
    I have had a Devacut and it was ok. Be prepared that they are really into their products, bit my hair looked ok even without it. However, my all-time favorite hairdresser (in my entire life) is not a Deva stylist, although she cuts hair dry. And, she was recommeded to me by a straight-haired person who only went to have her bangs trimmed. I do think at least find someone who dry-cuts.
    Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
    Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
    DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
    Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
    Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
    Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order
  • MaryBarryMaryBarry Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thanks! The stylist I made an appointment with is Deva inspired I guess. So from what I understand she's done training on cutting hair for people with texture. She's gotten some great reviews so I'm gonna give it a shot. Worse case is I don't like it and take a drive to see my friend who used to cut my hair lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file