Hair help!

Hello I have straight(type 1) relaxed hair since I was in middle and I still get relaxers at 21 but I'm thinking about transitioning to natural. If I wanted to make my hair curly is it best to use a curling pudding and a curl custard with a diffuser, or stick with just mousse with a diffuser? Any tips would be great 🙂

Comments

• Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    if your hair is relaxed it won't get curly. You need to cut it, you can do the big chop or by stages. But the thing is the relaxed hair will be pulling your curls and not letting them form.
    I cut my hair short in summer 2013 and I had unruly waves, I didn't remember how my hair actually looked like before the relaxing. In the spring of 2014 my hair was fully restored.
    So the thing is you need to get rid of the relaxed part, then it will take you time and your hair to go back to full pattern. I tried everything during that time, found out that mousse was better (mousse usually never works for me) during that period of transitioning mousse worked better than any other time.
    Keep this in mind, get rid of the relaxed hair, do it in ways you feel confortable with. Depending on your hair length and texture the whole process may take a year or two or even less. Keep the new hair healthy, hydrated and try products buy the small bottle and if it doesn't work keep it, it may work later. Keep your hair at a length where you can put it up on those days it doesn't behave or you just don't want to do anything and feel tired.
    You can try adding a curl cream or mousse and diffusing but now all that you will get is beach waves at top.
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
    if your hair is relaxed it won't get curly. You need to cut it, you can do the big chop or by stages. But the thing is the relaxed hair will be pulling your curls and not letting them form.
    I cut my hair short in summer 2013 and I had unruly waves, I didn't remember how my hair actually looked like before the relaxing. In the spring of 2014 my hair was fully restored.
    So the thing is you need to get rid of the relaxed part, then it will take you time and your hair to go back to full pattern. I tried everything during that time, found out that mousse was better (mousse usually never works for me) during that period of transitioning mousse worked better than any other time.
    Keep this in mind, get rid of the relaxed hair, do it in ways you feel confortable with. Depending on your hair length and texture the whole process may take a year or two or even less. Keep the new hair healthy, hydrated and try products buy the small bottle and if it doesn't work keep it, it may work later. Keep your hair at a length where you can put it up on those days it doesn't behave or you just don't want to do anything and feel tired.
    You can try adding a curl cream or mousse and diffusing but now all that you will get is beach waves at top.
  • Darcel1Darcel1 Posts: 3Registered Users
    oh ok. My hair has always been bra strap length but a month ago i found out that the hair that was below my shoulders was broken off so i had to get it all cut off. currently my hair is neck length. i am not sure if that counts has a big chop or not.
    A big chop would be cutting of all the relaxed hair. If you still have relaxed hair you can do another cut in a couple of months but if you don't want to wait cut it pixie length or shorter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file