how long does your haircut take?

sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
I was talking to a woman yesterday who has her hair cut by a Deva trained stylist. She said she spent three hours having her curls cut piece by piece. She doesn't have long hair; she has a chin length bob.
My hairdresser cuts my hair dry. I think she does a great job and it takes maybe a half hour. I have much longer hair than this other woman.
How long does your Deva cut take?

Comments

• Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's not about hair length but density and hair texture.
    I'm a 2c/3a so a simple texture to cut but with a lot of hair, it takes my chin length hair an hour to style it at the saloon.
    And for my cut, the stylist said I will take 25 min top, and in the middle of the process he said you have way too much hair. Anyhow the whole thing from start to end took about two hours, he even had another costumer waiting :/
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's not about hair length but density and hair texture.
    I'm a 2c/3a so a simple texture to cut but with a lot of hair, it takes my chin length hair an hour to style it at the saloon.
    And for my cut, the stylist said I will take 25 min top, and in the middle of the process he said you have way too much hair. Anyhow the whole thing from start to end took about two hours, he even had another costumer waiting :/
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i think it depends on how much hair you have, the length, and whether this is your first deva cut or a long time between cuts, or a repeat cut in a shorter time frame (like 3-4 months).
    if you regularly get a deva cut and your don't have a lot of hair, then maybe 35-40 minutes to cut, not counting the wash and style.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rbb wrote: »
    i think it depends on how much hair you have, the length, and whether this is your first deva cut or a long time between cuts, or a repeat cut in a shorter time frame (like 3-4 months).
    if you regularly get a deva cut and your don't have a lot of hair, then maybe 35-40 minutes to cut, not counting the wash and style.

Mine takes about 45 - an hour. She puts me under the hooded air dryer for 20 minutes.
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't have mine washed or styled. I take about 15 minutes, tops.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have a lot of hair. It's long and thick. I get it trimmed every 3 months or so. My stylist only takes maybe a half hour for the cutting. Maybe she's not as meticulous as some others but I'm satisfied with her and get a lot of compliments on my hair. She has a full clientele of mostly NC, not taking new clients.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file