To the people that run this site

naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
The money is in the products, not this board. But, by letting this site die, has it occurred to you that sales might die too?

I bought products only under one circumstance; when someone with awesome looking hair posted a pic and gushed about the results they got with said product. Without this site I would never have purchased any products. You may have a decent crop of people now, but what happens when the newbies here can't get help for their hair and their threads don't get answered? They'll turn away from CG and never become customers.

How many of you other posters on here also stopped buying products or trying new ones now that this message board no longer functions?

Edit: I tried to include a poll with this thread, to ask how many people aren't trying new products/shopping for as many products now that this board is down. But poll functionality is down, probably for good. I guess the people running this site don't want to know if their sales will hurt or don't care. :(

3A/f/i
Super baby fine hair, low porosity
Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Comments

• ttoosdayttoosday Posts: 509Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Totally agree with everything you just said. The way this site functions is a disgrace and I don't know how anyone would think a dead site could drive sales. And that shouldn't even be the motivation but it clearly is and that really disappoints me. A 5 year old could tell you it's not a good strategy to try to get sales on a dying website.
    CG since 11/2014
    Mostly 2B, but ranges A-C front to back and root to tip
    Low density, very coarse, high porosity
    Collarbone length, gray dyed brown, dry and rough
    Typical LEG routine could be any combination of:
    Lo poo: Shea Moisture brand shampoo, Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Cowash: As I Am Coc Cowash
    RO: GVP CB, Aussie Mega Moist, Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Leave In: As I Am LI, KCKT, or Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Enhancer: Camille Rose Curl Maker
    Deep condition: SM Deep Treat Mask
    Protein: Hask Keratin
    Styler: Curl Keeper Original, Ouidad Climate Control gel, LA Looks gel
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,562Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I feel especially bad for the newbies who have come to the board to get help. There's hardly anyone on here to help them out. I know that if I were in that situation, that would certainly sour me on the idea of buying from CurlMart. Why would I want to do business with someone who doesn't seem to take care of its forum members?
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • RafterBatRafterBat Posts: 182Registered Users Curl Novice
    EVERY purchase I have made was due to forum discussions. I have also stopped purchasing. If the forum functionality returns, I will reconsider that decision.
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • 1001waves1001waves Posts: 73Registered Users Curl Novice
    I agree 100% with the previous posters in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cherub 2c/3a Fii,porous
    Wash:KC Come Clean
    Condition/Leave-in:Devacurl Delight
    Styling:
    AG:Recoil
    Love:protein Hate:Garnier
    Experiment:henna glossing
    Mod CG since 7/22/09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji