I want my hair cut to my shoulders, but don't want the triangular hairdo. Help?

Cats&DogsCats&Dogs Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello,

My curl type is 3B, and I am looking to get my hair cut to my shoulders (or a few inches past my shoulder). I have heard that short layers get rid of the triangular hairdo. I have looked into getting a devacut and have decided that it is not for me. Any suggestions are welcome :) I have uploaded the pictures of my hair in imgur.

Pictures of my hair: My Current Hair (5/9/17) - Album on Imgur

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is gorgeous! Color, pattern, everything. Layers would help, short or otherwise. I don't know if it's about getting a devcut or not; cuts really vary depending on the stylist.

It might help to find a picture with a hair twin whose hair you like and ask yourself what about it you like. You can bring it in to the salon and ask if they can copy the cut.

Do you have a stylist in mind currently? You may want to google or look up on this site (or post asking) recs. Because regardless of what you have in mind, it's all about whether you have someone that really listens to what you want.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    double post

3A/f/i
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    triple post

3A/f/i
  • ziplineprincessziplineprincess Posts: 5Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Layers are a must. Other than that, I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with it with your curl pattern. You could also go for a more shaped cut, like a long bob like this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/82612974396234972/ or this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/82612974398823592/

And if you're avoiding the DevaCut because of the price (because WOWEE!) it really is worth it to hold out for a while and save up for it, especially if you're going for a chop (not necessarily if you're just needing a trim).
    3a curls, high porosity, medium thickness
    11shadeofpink.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file