I THINK I'm 3A but I"m Not Sure?

EllisElizabethEllisElizabeth Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello! I'm new to the forum, but I've been looking through the Curly Community in general for a while. I THINK that my hair is 3A, but I would really appreciate some confirmation from other people who know more than I do. Would you guys mind taking a look? Please ignore the top layer of extremely frizzy hair (hopefully I can get it cut differently to reduce that); everything underneath that top layer is much curlier.

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This site won't let you post pictures directly anymore. :( However if you put your picture up online on another site and provide the link we will be able to see the pic you posted.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • EllisElizabethEllisElizabeth Posts: 2Registered Users
    Oh my goodness thank you! Here are the pictures I have then.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (sorry this one is upside down) (also that straight bit is actually just a HUGE PIECE OF FRIZZ, you see my problem)
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's actually tough for me to tell. The bottom back of your hair looks curlier, perhaps a 3Am but unsure. The rest is wavy rather than curly. But if you're new to CG your curl pattern has yet to emerge and will get tighter over time.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • StephC79StephC79 Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think the bottom curls may be a 2C the top is wavy. It could possibly get curlier with more moisture.
    3A with tight ringlet underlayer.
    Mixed porosity, medium texture and density.

Cleaner - Shea Moisture fruit fusion shampoo, Maui Moisture curl quench shampoo, cleansing conditioner.
    Conditioner - L'Oreal Botanicals safflower conditioner.
    P/T - Curl Junkie repair me
    D/T - Shea Moisture manuka honey or fruit fusion mask
    Styling - Paul Mitchell round trip, Paul Mitchell super sculpt glaze, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam.
  • SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Posts: 100Registered Users
    2c, looks good, keep going!

Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
    NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
    RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
    DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
    LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
    Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
    Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
    Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
    Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
    Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
    Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.
  • vyesbianvyesbian Posts: 2Registered Users
    Looks a LOT like my hair when it was longer, especially when I was new to embracing my curls (after a while my hair got more volume & less frizz). I'm 2C/3A.
    Icelandic, CG since Oct. 2013.
    2C/3A, short hair (crew cut/undercut), low porosity, high density, medium/coarse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file