Please help! EXTREMELY protein sensitive/lowpo hair! Nothing is working for me!

msemmemsemme Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi ladies,

I’m at a loss as to what to do for my hair. I’m 3a/3c with fine strands/high density and low porosity hair. I also believe I am extremely protein sensitive. For the last few years I’ve struggled to find products that would actually moisturize my hair that have done nothing for me. Mixed Chicks leave in, Curls blueberry bliss leave in and jelly left my hair dry and tangled as did Camille Rose Curl Milk (the curl maker also resulted in stringy curls). KKNT also left my hair with no moisture (used under other products). I tried the old formula of Tresemme Naturals as a rinse out and leave in, and again not much moisture.

I started using DevaCurl (no poo, one condition, and be’leave in) which set my curls beautifully and I had thought I found my HG but the next day my hair would always be dry and dull. My hair absolutely hates Shea Moisture and shea butter in general, I recently gave the SM Low Porosity line a shot and it did nothing for me. Coconut oil leaves my hair feeling like straw and no matter what my hair either feels dry or coated with products sitting on top.

Currently, I’m using up the remainder of my Devacurl NoPoo and applying As I Am leave in but still no satisfactory results.

I don’t know where to go from here and my hair is suffering. I’m looking for protein and cone free deep conditioners, leave ins and stylers. As well as suggestions for cleansers.

Please help! :cry:

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have very fine 2b hair. I use Intelligent Nutrients Harmonizing poo and conditioner, with Kinky Curly Come Clean and Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo as clarifiers when needed. I sometimes use the Eden BodyWorks Peppermint and Tea Tree conditioner (I prefer the Intelligent Nutrients one, but the Eden one is OK). For winter, when I need more emollients, I use the Curl Junkie Smoothing Daily Conditioner.

For stylers, I use Jessicurl Gelebration Spray and Confident Coils. I started using Bumble and Bumble Gel, which was awesome at first, but I think it causes buildup and seems to make my hair softer and softer with each use (which I don't like). I use John Masters sea salt spray for a little extra texture. I use Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold hairspray. I use the As I Am leave-in in summer and the Curl Junkie Beauticurls in winter.

I would do a clarifying shampoo (with a sulfate) and then do a deep conditioning with a nonprotein rinse-out. You don't need a special deep conditioning rinse-out. You can use a regular one and just keep it on your hair for 10-30 minutes.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have very fine 2b hair. I use Intelligent Nutrients Harmonizing poo and conditioner, with Kinky Curly Come Clean and Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo as clarifiers when needed. I tried the Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo and liked it and plan on eventually ordering it. I sometimes use the Eden BodyWorks Peppermint and Tea Tree conditioner (I prefer the Intelligent Nutrients one, but the Eden one is OK). For winter, when I need more emollients, I use the Curl Junkie Smoothing Daily Conditioner.

For stylers, I use Jessicurl Gelebration Spray and Confident Coils. I started using Bumble and Bumble Gel, which was awesome at first, but I think it causes buildup and seems to make my hair softer and softer with each use (which I don't like). It seems to be impossible to find a protein-free hard-hold gel that has no polyquats (polyquats build up on my hair). I use John Masters sea salt spray for a little extra texture. I use Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold hairspray. I use the As I Am leave-in in summer and the Curl Junkie Beauticurls in winter.

I would do a clarifying shampoo (with a sulfate) and then do a deep conditioning with a nonprotein rinse-out. You don't need a special deep conditioning rinse-out. You can use a regular one and just keep it on your hair for 10-30 minutes.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file