Deva volumizing foam? Yea or nay?

curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
I'd like a very lightweight volumizing product for the top of my head. I have tried clipping my curls but either the clips fall down or they just don't work. I've tried different kinds including duck bill and claw clips. So I thought maybe I'd buy the Deva volumizing foam. Anyone tried that? Any other product suggestions for volume that aren't too thick?

Just as added info, I'm full out cg now except when I die my hair every 2 weeks I use a regular shampoo. I love Curl Junkie conditioners, I also like Deva One Condition, and I usually use Kinky Curly as a styler. Curl creams don't seem to work well for me. One product I hated was Shea Moisture smoothie, so whatever is in that doesn't work for me at all. I use a bit of Argan oil to add a little shine. I seem to be having nice first day hair! Yippee Hurray!!!! 2nd day is still elusive. Thanks everyone for any suggestions.:thumright:
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    I've tried a bunch of GC-friendly mousses, and they all made my curls stringy and too 80s-style perm-y. One pump of the Deva Foam has done the best at defining my curls in larger clumps and not weighing it down at all. I almost never have to SOTC, either. I have to diffuse for best results, and it can be drying so I layer something moisturizing underneath (usually Beauticurls Leave-In or SM's Peace Rose Oil Nourish & Silken Gel-Cream).
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks a lot, RafterBat! Is that you in the avatar? Those curls are lovely!
    I always diffuse, otherwise my hair is wet for 1/2 the day.

Well, good information. I may have to bite the bullet and get some.

Have a really good week!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Thanks a lot, RafterBat! Is that you in the avatar? Those curls are lovely!
    Thank you! It's so hard to see through someone else's eyes - I don't think my curls are photogenic, lol. Hope the foam works for you!
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • ttoosdayttoosday Registered Users Posts: 509 Curl Connoisseur
    Im also curious about this product, it is in everybody's routines right now. I wish deva's prices were lower.
    CG since 11/2014
    Mostly 2B, but ranges A-C front to back and root to tip
    Low density, very coarse, high porosity
    Collarbone length, gray dyed brown, dry and rough
    Typical LEG routine could be any combination of:
    Lo poo: Shea Moisture brand shampoo, Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Cowash: As I Am Coc Cowash
    RO: GVP CB, Aussie Mega Moist, Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Leave In: As I Am LI, KCKT, or Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Enhancer: Camille Rose Curl Maker
    Deep condition: SM Deep Treat Mask
    Protein: Hask Keratin
    Styler: Curl Keeper Original, Ouidad Climate Control gel, LA Looks gel
  • MyrnaMyrna Registered Users Posts: 2,472 Curl Connoisseur
    I use Deva foam on my crown, and I have not found anything that works as well as it. Two pumps, on top of what ever gel combo I am using.

OP, please go to Frizzoff.com (Curly Hair Solutions) and purchase their roller jaw clamps. DO NOT use them on wet hair. The video on line shows the curly haired gal with wet hair, but she has great amounts of hair. I use them when my hair is dry (diffused) and leave them in as long as I can, then I usually re-position them for a bit to get the look I want. You can insert them when your hair is slightly damp but they really do not do the job on wet hair for most of us. Once you get the hang of inserting them, they are easy peasy! if you need help with this, PM me. Do not buy any other kind of clamps. I gave up on metal years ago, they pulled my hair out and did not do the job anyway. Let me know!
  • ttoosdayttoosday Registered Users Posts: 509 Curl Connoisseur
    Myrna wrote: »
    I use Deva foam on my crown, and I have not found anything that works as well as it. Two pumps, on top of what ever gel combo I am using.

OP, please go to Frizzoff.com (Curly Hair Solutions) and purchase their roller jaw clamps. DO NOT use them on wet hair. The video on line shows the curly haired gal with wet hair, but she has great amounts of hair. I use them when my hair is dry (diffused) and leave them in as long as I can, then I usually re-position them for a bit to get the look I want. You can insert them when your hair is slightly damp but they really do not do the job on wet hair for most of us. Once you get the hang of inserting them, they are easy peasy! if you need help with this, PM me. Do not buy any other kind of clamps. I gave up on metal years ago, they pulled my hair out and did not do the job anyway. Let me know!

Would these be recommended for wavies?
    CG since 11/2014
    Mostly 2B, but ranges A-C front to back and root to tip
    Low density, very coarse, high porosity
    Collarbone length, gray dyed brown, dry and rough
    Typical LEG routine could be any combination of:
    Lo poo: Shea Moisture brand shampoo, Ion Hard Water Shampoo
    Cowash: As I Am Coc Cowash
    RO: GVP CB, Aussie Mega Moist, Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Leave In: As I Am LI, KCKT, or Not Your Mothers Gardenia
    Enhancer: Camille Rose Curl Maker
    Deep condition: SM Deep Treat Mask