I just got my hair analysis back and I'm confused... Help?

YeayeahYeayeah Registered Users Posts: 100 Curl Novice
So I recently just got back the results for my hair analysis from Goosefootprints on Etsy, and I am confused on to how would I use this analysis to know which products I would need for my hair. Can you guys help and suggest products I would need to buy for my hair based off my hair analysis?

This is my hair analysis results: https://www.keepandshare.com/doc13/16691/hair-analysis-devante-morris-pdf-383k?da=y

Hair analysis companion:https://www.keepandshare.com/doc13/16692/hair-analysis-companion-pdf-184k?da=y

Dealing with frizz:https://www.keepandshare.com/doc13/16693/dealing-with-frizz-pdf-55k

Hair Analysis Properties Matrix
?ui=2&ik=34121d88e7&view=att&th=15bd0f0101d486b0&attid=0.2&disp=safe&realattid=f_j29p3e9y1&zw

Comments

• YeayeahYeayeah Registered Users Posts: 100 Curl Novice
    My Hair Analysis
    Full_Size_Render.jpg
    IMG_4327.png
    IMG_4328.png
    IMG_4329.png
    IMG_4330.png
    IMG_4332.png
    IMG_4333.png
    IMG_4335.png
    IMG_4336.png
    Hair analysis companion
    IMG_4342.png
    IMG_4343.png
    IMG_4344.png
    IMG_4346.png
    IMG_4347.png
    IMG_4348.png
    IMG_4349.png
    IMG_4350.png
    IMG_4351.png
    IMG_4352.png
    IMG_4353.png
    Dealing with frizz
    IMG_4355.png
    IMG_4356.png
  • RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    I've also had an analysis done - GoosefootPrints rocks!

You probably already noticed that there are a few product recommendations in the analysis, which can be a great place to start. Otherwise, what I did was to go through the descriptions to determine what my hair needed most, then what I should avoid most, and write those ingredients down. Then I used the search function here at NC to find products that had the things I wanted without the things I didn't. It's a bit of grunt work, but it worked great for me to find at least one shampoo, rinse-out, leave-in, and styler to start experimenting with. The most significant thing I tried was the oil pre-poo with sunflower oil - that has made a big difference in the health of my hair.

Good luck!
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    RafterBat wrote: »
    I've also had an analysis done - GoosefootPrints rocks!

You probably already noticed that there are a few product recommendations in the analysis, which can be a great place to start. Otherwise, what I did was to go through the descriptions to determine what my hair needed most, then what I should avoid most, and write those ingredients down. Then I used the search function here at NC to find products that had the things I wanted without the things I didn't. It's a bit of grunt work, but it worked great for me to find at least one shampoo, rinse-out, leave-in, and styler to start experimenting with. The most significant thing I tried was the oil pre-poo with sunflower oil - that has made a big difference in the health of my hair.

Good luck!

I've gotten a hair analysis from Gooseprints and she rocks!

Hmmm the only recommendation I haven't tried is a oil pre-poo. Why are you using sunflower oil?
  • RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    macher wrote: »
    Hmmm the only recommendation I haven't tried is a oil pre-poo. Why are you using sunflower oil?
    Sunflower is one of the best penetrating oils - I swear my hair actively repels anything I try to put on it, which makes it very difficult to absorb or retain moisture. I leave the sunflower oil in overnight before shampooing in the morning. It seems to have improved my hair's elasticity and helped in some way to make the curl pattern more uniform (less in-the-curl-frizz from hairs waving off every which way).
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file