Should hair feel soft after using products?

GusgusGusgus Registered Users Posts: 4
So I'm only a month into the curly girl method after 30 years of thinking I had frizzy straight hair (what was that supposed to mean!?!)

I've been loving my hair, my friends and family are sick of hearing about it!

What I want to know is.. Should it feel like you have product in your hair after it's dried?

I'm using gel on wet hair after stc and I'm using quite a bit of it as it's windy when I walk to work. When I get there I sotc and it looks great.. Others at work have started to wear their hair curly since I have.

It looks great but feels like it has products. Is this normal or have I not found the right product or am I using too much?

Just wondering what others experience as I have no one else to ask!

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Some gels will feel producty; that's just how they are. You could try using less to see if that fixes the problem. If you find that you don't have the hold you want when you use less, you could try looking for a different gel. It's just trial and error. I myself don't mind my hair feeling like it has some product in it because I generally need a little stiffness to get some volume.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file