Alaffia Shampoo and Conditioner

bomegabomega Posts: 1,355Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
I'm pretty new to the forum, but I wanted to let you guys know about Alaffia shampoo and conditioner. When I first tried Alaffia shampoo and conditioner, it changed everything for my hair. I originally tried it because I read about their mission and their work, and it sounded like such a great company I wanted to give them a try. And I'm so glad I did because the shampoo/conditioner worked so great for my hair. I no longer needed styling products to limit frizz, and my hair always looked great. I started with the Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Formula for Fine and Thin Hair (shampoo conditioner links), but in the winter time I need a little more, so I switch to the Coconut & Shea Hydrating Formula (shampoo conditioner links). The shampoos are formulated with African Black Soap made from the shea butter they produce in their co-op. The conditioners are light weight but still conditioning.

I cannot say enough great things about these products and am kind of surprised they aren't catching on. I've seen people talk about their curly line (Beautiful Curls), which I've tried, and it worked ok, but while I got really good curl definition, it made my hair kind of limp. The formulas above (using the conditioner as a rinseout) worked really well for me, and seemed to make my hair healthier.

Some background about my hair: I have fine, 2c, low porosity APL hair. I learned about curl-friendly hair products here at nc.com, eventually settling into using Giovanni shampoo/conditioner for years, and a brief stint with Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus (which worked great because my hair used to love silk protein...until I started henna-ing my hair, at which point it was too heavy.)
Low-poo: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Shampoo for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Coconut & Shea Hydrating Shampoo
Clarify: Kinky Curly Come Clean
Rinse-out: Alaffia Coffee & Shea Revitalizing Conditioner for Fine/Thin Hair (summer), Alaffia Everyday Coconut Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
DT: Camille Rose Naturals Algae Renew Deep Conditioner
Leave-in: As I Am Leave-in
Styler: Lily of the Desert 99% Aloe Vera Gelly
Treatment: Daily tea spray; Coconut oil overnight treatment; Citric acid rinse for hard water; 2-step Henndigo w/ amla to cover gray

2C, fine, low porosity, low/medium density, protein sensitive

Looking for styling products and tools

iHerb Code KQS149 for 5% off your order

Comments

• l.gracel.grace Posts: 0Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    I have been looking for a curly girl friendly shampoo and conditioner in my area that are relatively low cost. I can be sensitive to smells, so part of finding something that works for me meant smelling all the bottles in store after reviewing the ingredients... Today I ended up with Alaffia's vanilla mint shampoo and conditioner. Just used it, and so far so good. I am sensitive to most scents, though vanilla, mint, and lemon all tend to do well with me across the board. Love the scent so far! I did notice that my hair felt a bit squeaky, though that could be because this is the first 100% cg friendly combination I have used... And I have not clarified in a couple weeks. Unless it ends up doing something horrible like give me a rash (which I do not expect), I am going to stick it out with Alaffia, at least until these bottles run out. Now I am off on a search for mousse & gel!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file