Got2b glued hair glue

roflol123roflol123 Posts: 11Registered Users
I have low porosity, 3a hair that is so hard to figure out what it likes and what it doesn't like. I started off with Devacurl and it loved that for like a month, but the past couple of weeks have been awful as far as styling goes. The only thing, repeat: THE ONLY THING that works for it right now is the Got2b glued hair glue in the yellow bottle. Not even BRHG will hold it. Does anyone know what ingredient in here might be the cause of that that isn't in other styling products? It dries my hair out a bit because of the alcohol and I'm sick of trying new things right now.

Here's the list:

Aqua (Water, Eau) · Sorbitol · PVP · Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer · Petrolatum · VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer · Cetearyl Alcohol · Steareth-21 · Stearyl Alcohol · Cetyl Alcohol · Corn Starch Modified · Parfum (Fragrance) · Dicetyl Phosphate · Ceteth-10 Phosphate · DMDM Hydantoin · Cera Alba (Beeswax, Cire d'abeille) · Hydroxyethylcellulose · Propylene Glycol · Diazolidinyl Urea · Myristyl Alcohol · Arachidyl Alcohol · Benzalkonium Chloride · Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Comments

• girlcat45girlcat45 Posts: 9Registered Users
    I have the same problem.
    Low porosity, 3a, baby fine and thin hair that is resistant to all gels!!!
    It just frizzes; there's never any crunch to 'scrunch out the crunch'.
    I am using one of the Got2b products at the moment, not sure which at the moment, and it's given me better hold than all other gels. My hair laughs at BRHG.
    Curl creams are too heavy.
    I'm at my wits end.
    I've been cone free for 12 years and I'm so desperate I'm considering going back to cones.
  • StephC79StephC79 Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Are you using leave in? I find I get the best hold and crunch from gels if I don't use any leave in or put a little in and then put my head back under the shower for a second to rinse most off.
    3A with tight ringlet underlayer.
    Mixed porosity, medium texture and density.

Cleaner - Shea Moisture fruit fusion shampoo, Maui Moisture curl quench shampoo, cleansing conditioner.
    Conditioner - L'Oreal Botanicals safflower conditioner.
    P/T - Curl Junkie repair me
    D/T - Shea Moisture manuka honey or fruit fusion mask
    Styling - Paul Mitchell round trip, Paul Mitchell super sculpt glaze, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam.
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Maybe it's not the product, but your technique? I use a version of the smasters technique, but not with KCCC (be sure to read post #13). After I co-wash and use a RO, I scrunch in my LI emulsified with Almond oil, let it soak in about 15-20 minutes due to low porosity hair, scrunch in a med hold gel, diffuse til about 80% dry, then scrunch in a hard hold gel that dries crunchy (I mix Suave max hold sculpting gel with a pea size of BRHG) and diffuse til 90% dry. I get great hold and second day hair!

I'm dealing with really high dew points...so I avoid all aloe vera and glycerin which create instant frizz! Booooo!!!
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
    StephC79 wrote: »
    Are you using leave in? I find I get the best hold and crunch from gels if I don't use any leave in or put a little in and then put my head back under the shower for a second to rinse most off.

No leave in.

Your curls are gorgeous.
    kasden, thank you for the tips!
    I had been wondering if I might have better luck applying gel after my hair has partially dried.
    Hardly any definition, even after using got2b hair glue :/

0F379A5E-70EB-4153-9339-8ACF9B02116A_zps9sh7vqku.jpg
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    girlcat45 - could it be buildup? Maybe try clarifying and if I were you I'd also do a protein treatment.
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
    I clarify frequently, since I build up quickly.
    Baking soda every two weeks and a clarifying shampoo once a week.

I tried blotting my hair dry with a T shirt before applying gel, and I got better results. It still needs improvement, but I got slightly more defined curls.
    I'll try some protein.
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 325Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just got turned on to this glue. I bought a small sample and was ready to give it away and then thoosdsy mentioned she mixed it with another gel. I had just been gifted some unwanted hair products by another coworker and one was a level 2 hold Pantene gel. I originally laughed at it but on impulse mixed it with the spiking glue. I really liked it. I will always have frizz but I tell ya this cut it down probably 70%. I was shocked. I'm going to try mixing it with some stronger gels. No one really knows what the magic combo of ingredients are in this but it is something. I think this might be my new magic product too.
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter
    That's interesting! I'll try mixing it with a regular gel.
    I'm st my wits end with this frizz.
  • WavycatWavycat Posts: 325Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't know why but all of a sudden a little KCKT is helping with my frizz and plopping (that's hit or miss with me) after product application is working for me. I notice a different when I don't use the KCKT. It's working now but my hair will reject this routine at some point.
    SE PA
    2C/3A med, med density,med elasticity, high porosity color-treated
    No Poo: various VO5s testing Gliss Volumizing (keratin) for summer
    Citric acid rinse or vinegar
    RO: SM Honey Mask with agave
    Conditioner only styling with water, water and more water, or jojoba + SM Superfruit
    Styler: KCCC or Ecostyler Olive Oil occasionally
    Love most oils but can't use CO in winter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file