3a-2c-2a

UnrulyCurlzUnrulyCurlz Registered Users Posts: 21 Curl Novice
So the last time I relaxed my hair was 2010. Afterwards I opted using heat since I had no clue what to do with the "unknown" mess of a hair I had after all the chemical damage. It's just recently that I'm trying to revive my once upon a time waves - but now from heat damage 😩.
The top and mid layer of my hair are I guess a mixture of 3a and 2c, but underneath they're 2a. It's so weird. The way I iron my hair, i mostly just fry the hell out of the top and mid layer and just quickly run through the bottom or nape part.
So I'm guessing the damaged part is my curlier hair? And the healthy locks are the 2a? But i really love how curly the top layers are... (even if they're frizzy as heck) its like i can see them being gorgeous when they're not frizzy but now im doubting those are my matural pattern. Im so confused now. Will my hair become 2a like the bottom layer in the ling run and lose the curls? 😥
(Mostly) Heat Damaged + Colored
Hair Type: 2C (2B underneath)
CG since March 2017
Products I currently use:
VO5, Human Nature, Isana, Tresemme
Marc Anthony Curl Defining Lotion (my HG)
Kerastase Elixir

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Unruly, I'm sorry, I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I'm surprised that the parts that you fried with hot tool seem more curly than the underneath part that wasn't subjected to so much heat.

I had to cut off all the hair that was badly damaged from heat :cry: because it was limp and wouldn't hold a curl at all.

I hope you find a way to deal with your hair and not have to cut most of it off! Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • UnrulyCurlzUnrulyCurlz Registered Users Posts: 21 Curl Novice
    Haha it's alright. I know my hair situation is really weird but it makes me want to know my natural hair all the more! But I think it would take me years to figure that out 😅..
    While browsing all-things-curly here and there tho I stumbled on a YouTuber called "itsRimi" and she discussed her hair journey which sounds similar to mine but she doesn't know how it came to be as well. The difference was that I relaxed my hair when I was young but we both used heat tools which then eventually made our hair curly 🤔🤔🤔
    I'm guessing I became curly(ier) because of hormones but as for the 2a-2b underneath I have no idea what's that all about. What's sad is when my hair is wet they're ALL curly af so I scrunch the heck out of them but to no avail its still weirdly 2a-2b underneath my curls..
    I'm still hoping the curlier strands are my main curls tho🙆
    CG since March 2017
    Kerastase Elixir
  • UnrulyCurlzUnrulyCurlz Registered Users Posts: 21 Curl Novice
    Haha it's alright. I know my hair situation is really weird but it makes me want to know my natural hair all the more! But I think it would take me years to figure that out 😅..
    While browsing all-things-curly here and there tho I stumbled on a YouTuber called "itsRimi" and she discussed her hair journey which sounds similar to mine but she doesn't know how it came to be as well. The difference was that I relaxed my hair when I was young but we both used heat tools which then eventually made our hair curly 🤔🤔🤔
    I'm guessing I became curly(ier) because of hormones but as for the 2a-2b underneath I have no idea what's that all about. What's sad is when my hair is wet they're ALL curly af so I scrunch the heck out of them but to no avail its still weirdly 2a-2b underneath my curls..
    I'm still hoping the curlier strands are my main curls tho🙆
    CG since March 2017
    Kerastase Elixir

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file