Deva Delight for wavies?

annehanneh Registered Users Posts: 58
anyone had success with the Deva Delight low poo and cond along with the wavemaker? usually cannot stand the chemical aroma of Deva but my hair has turned into a frizzy mess with the humidity we have had lately and as my hair is also silver it makes for a big problem

don't breed or buy while homeless animals die

Comments

• Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    It's ok...but I prefer the original formulas. Both the low-poo and conditioner have proteins in them. My hair does like protein, but I found I got overloaded with it when I used both every day. I might re-purchase the conditioner to use as an occasional treatment. I never had any success with the wavemaker. It just left my hair feeling dirty, and my hair wasn't as curly as it could be.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • annehanneh Registered Users Posts: 58
    thnx for info. not sure if my hair likes proteins or not,
    am getting tired of trying different products :( I thought I likes Innersense but the products I bought (fortunately small size) are their new moisturizing poo/cond and perhaps that was the problem or perhaps it was the gel all I know is I am now a frizzy mess :( Which products do you find work for your hair?. I
    janiegirl wrote: »
    It's ok...but I prefer the original formulas. Both the low-poo and conditioner have proteins in them. My hair does like protein, but I found I got overloaded with it when I used both every day. I might re-purchase the conditioner to use as an occasional treatment. I never had any success with the wavemaker. It just left my hair feeling dirty, and my hair wasn't as curly as it could be.

don't breed or buy while homeless animals die
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    I like the original formula Deva products, but if you don't like the smell you'll need something else. Plus I live where there's no humidity. The dew point here is still at 32F, so I have the opposite problem. I'll live with a little frizz if it also comes with more volume! Have you tried any of the JessiCurl products? They're supposed to be good. I hear good things about Curl Junkie too.

Or maybe it's your technique? Are you doing a squish to condish or super soaker method with your conditioner? Are you applying your gel into sopping wet hair? Water provides hydration, so you need to trap that water into your hair so it doesn't dry out.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file