CurlTalk

Garnier Fructis Smoothing Milk

keikokkeikok BannedPosts: 585Banned Users
I think it works great for frizz. Has anyone had any experiences with it?
Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkeikok%2F" class="Popup
password:curly

Comments

• CelticCurlsCelticCurls Posts: 558Registered Users
    I love GF leave-in cond, but the smoothing milk unfortunately has cyclopentasiloxane in it. That's the cone that bonds like liquid plastic & is hard to remove. So it's a no go for me.The leave in gives me lots of frizz controlon wet & dry hair though.
    3B, bra-strap length
    laidback, very-modified CGer
    HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
  • keikokkeikok Banned Posts: 585Banned Users
    I know what you mean! I can still feel it in my hair after I wash it which is weird...but thats just the smoothing milk right?
    I like curl and shine, but I was looking for more of a smooth look.
    Keiko

my fotki-its a work in progress
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkeikok%2F" class="Popup
    password:curly
    Yes, it's just the milk, I believe. Do you mean, smooth as in you're trying to straighten.....? Or you just want curls with less volume?
    3B, bra-strap length
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    keikok wrote:
    I know what you mean! I can still feel it in my hair after I wash it which is weird...but thats just the smoothing milk right?
    I like curl and shine, but I was looking for more of a smooth look.

Maybe you should try the Sleek & Shine, that may help you achieve a smooth look :)
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    I know I'll be shunned for this but...

When I was straightening my hair/before comming here and knew anything about ingredients; this was a staple in my straightening routine. I loved how soft and smooth my hair felt with this. Also it gave me lots of body and volume. However, I've never used it with a curly style.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Before I knew of CG, that crap gave me visible greenish buildup within days of use. Same with the curl cream- don't remember which one I used though. It was very waxy.
    3b-3c CG
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    SmallFry wrote:

When I was straightening my hair/before comming here and knew anything about ingredients; this was a staple in my straightening routine. I loved how soft and smooth my hair felt with this. Also it gave me lots of body and volume. However, I've never used it with a curly style.

Ah, you have done well to move away from the evil cone, my child :lol:!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    SmallFry wrote:

:) Despite rumors to the contrary, there are no hair police on the Board. If it worked great for you, & you're not CG, go for it. My BF loves this cone for his 2C hair. For me, it's like removing liquid plastic.
    3B, bra-strap length
  • life's hard for a curllife's hard for a curl Posts: 89Registered Users
    this paired with the GFSCC was absolutely fabulous! the frizz was def nixed using those two, but used with anything else it was not as effective at all.
    I am a 3c reformed product junkie thanks to the economy.

I lurk a lot, I change my hair color a lot. It's currently black and bsl when wet and beyond my shoulders still when dry.

Now I will stop procrastinating and get back to what I was supposed to be doing before I got on here.

Any questions?