Anyone remember Spiral Solutions?

lj2lj2 Registered Users Posts: 130 Curl Novice
For those of you who remember Spiral Solutions - I am looking for products that might have similar results. I absolutely loved the Deeply Decadent conditioner and the High Maintenance Gel was my absolute favorite. I miss her products terribly. Can anyone recommend similar products. I loved the thick creaminess of the conditioner and the gel had great hold but still left hair soft and wasn't sticky at all. Shantelle if you are out there, please come back ;-)

I have tried KCCC, Camille Rose Curl Maker, Pattern Pusha, Jessicurl and although I like them, I am still looking.
3A, fine, low porosity. Hair tends to be dry/frizzy

Favorite product lines: Curl Junkie, Sevi Organics
Shampoo: Curl Junkie Daily Fix, CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, All Sevi Shampoos
Conditioner: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Smoothing Conditioner, Repair Me (really all CJ conditioners), All Sevi Conditioners
Styling: Curl Junkie CCCC & Pattern Pusha, CJ Smoothing Lotion, CJ CIAB, Anything Sevi

Comments

• rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    i miss spiral solutions, my hair loved, needed the emollience butter. i did stock up when she was closing, and just opened the last one -- i only use it for 'special' occasions, when i really need for my hair to turn out well.
    i went back to jane carter nourish & shine which is decent and does a good job of sealing but it's not spiral solutions which seemed to give my hair moisture and bounce and not heavy at all. but...

ok, i also loved the deeply decadent but did stop using it due to the smell. it was usurpassed as a leave in, transformed my hair.

i always and still do use curl junkie curl rehab or deep fix as deep treatments and leave ins.

what i found to be about the same as deeply decadent as a leave in is the curl junkie argan and olive oil conditioner. i love the way my hair responds to it.

also, in mid to high dews, cj aloe fix gel is amazing, my hair goes up a curl pattern with it! but not in low dews.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • lj2lj2 Registered Users Posts: 130 Curl Novice
    Thanks so much rbb. I stocked up too and I am on my last jars of the gel, conditioner and emollience butter (which is the best I have ever used). Her products really were unlike any others.

I might try the Jane Carter, I know you have mentioned that one before.

Curl Junkie products are also on the top of my list for favorites. I love the Curl Rehab and Smoothing Conditioner but they are still not quite like Deeply Decadent..which I also used as a leave in like no other I have ever used. I will try the Argan Oil Conditioner as a leave in. I like that one but it wasn't moisturizing enough as a daily conditioner but I remember liking it as a leave in....will try again. My hair didn't love the Aloe Fix when I tried it years ago but my texture has changed so it might work now. I do love Marsha's products, I just haven't found a styler yet that is quite right for my hair. Thanks for the help!

Conditioner: Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Smoothing Conditioner, Repair Me (really all CJ conditioners), All Sevi Conditioners
    Styling: Curl Junkie CCCC & Pattern Pusha, CJ Smoothing Lotion, CJ CIAB, Anything Sevi
    you're right the cj argan & olive oil conditioner is not very moisturizing, so sometimes i use it with a little curl rehab first, then the argan. or sometimes i use just the argan with a little honey butta leave in on top. it certainly does do a great job as a leave in with these other products.

and i do rotate it as a leave in with curl rehab and deep fix, no logical order, just what the dew points are and what my hair seems to need.

the aloe fix works best for me with a leave in, either rehab or deep fix. and only in mid to upper dews. so then it is unbelievable, really.

Great tips...thanks! Will try the Argan and Olive Oil Conditioner since I do love the texture (and smell) of it. I am definitely going to try the Aloe Fix again too. I am transitioning to my natural grey...no more hair dye...and the texture is changing a bit so the Aloe Fix may work this time.

the best way for my hair with aloe fix is to smooth it on after my hair has dried. i also will apply it to wet hair and that works, too.

Rbb - So, I plan to order the Aloe Fix but in the meantime I used the CCCC Lite as a leave in with Pattern Pusha after and got GREAT results (I forgot how much I really do love Curl Junkie). I then went to the Curl Junkie site and saw that the CCCC Lite is being discontinued :-( So today I used the regular CCCC under PP and so far I am getting good results. Do you happen to know if CCCC is being discontinued as well. Just curious if you had any info.

no, i don't think she is discontinuing cccc. it says it is on order and will be in shortly. and the lite is being discontinued as she can't get a key ingredient, for now.

cccc is super great in low dew points, it has gotten me thru winters. now my hair also loves honey butta. and pp..... i also love cj products!

which is why she is delaying her spring sale -- she told me 3 items were out of stock and she always wants to have all the products for a sale, so sale will be sometime in may, mid or late may.

back in 2009, 2010 when deva changed all their formulas and i left deva, i found cj and ss. loved both their products.

sending you a pm.

i've been thinking here and there that i ought to try to use the argan & olive oil conditioner as a curl cream, but of course, never remembered on the days i washed my hair.
    today i did. as you and i had talked about, a&o is not moisturizing enough alone for our hair (altho you are low porosity so i was surprised that you needed more??). i used curl rehab as my leave in, then topped it off with a&o as my curl cream. it's not fully dry yet but about 85% there and so far, it looks good. i do love the way the a&o finishes off my hair, smooth and shiny.

Rbb- Good to know. I ordered the A&O conditioner and the Aloe Fix and they should be here this weekend. I will experiment with both.
    In the meantime, I am using CCCC as leave in and PP on top. I have had the BEST hair days I have ever had. I am even getting second day hair which is unheard of for me. Using the CCCC alone, with no other leave in, made a complete difference. Wish I had thought about that sooner but always thought I needed a leave in. Curl Junkie is really the most reliable product line out there. There always seems to be a combination that works, you just have to experiment a little. Thanks again for the tips.....I like my hair again:-)

so interesting that cccc is giving you second-day hair as that is what happened with my hair. the first time i consistently used cccc in very low dews, i got great 2nd day hair and even 3rd day hair with a wool hat during the day! (marsha reformulated cccc in 2014 due to ingredient unavailability. it is a more friendly version of a great curl cream. i used both before and after.)

you are correct about curl junkie -- there is almost always a way to make it work for most of the products (there are some that are not for my hair texture, but only a handful and they merely do nothing, never give me a bad hair day.). i never get rid of them, i just experiment. i haven't been tempted to even try other products in a very long time as there is always a cj product that works for me whatever the dew points.

you do know that she is having her 'easter sale' sometime in may this year (2 or 3 products were on back order and she wanted to have all products in stock for sale.) in the past, it's been 25% off, and free shipping $100+. i always stock up.

Yes, thanks, I know about the sale. I just ordered a few products before because I wanted to experiment with them. I will be ordering again when she has her sale. My two sons will ONLY use the Daily Fix, as they love it as a shampoo/conditioner in one, so we can never keep enough in the house. I will also be stocking up on my new favorite, CCCC, since it seems to be magic right now for my hair.

• naturecatnaturecat Registered Users Posts: 1,986 Curl Neophyte
    Gosh I miss her product line sooooooo much. There is no other natural protein treatment out there I can use (other than my homemade gelatin). But the SS PT combined moisture and protein in a great way and best of all, is all natural (I got mine unscented). Today I also used caitlin's conditioner after a gelatin treatment, and my hair looked great afterwards. I can't use Curl Junkie, as my hair doesn't tolerate BTMS in any amount (which is in all their products). Come back, spiral solutions. My curls are disappearing without you.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    Her products were unique. I was hoping she would return but it seems like that won't happen:-(

lj2 wrote: »
    Rbb - So, I plan to order the Aloe Fix but in the meantime I used the CCCC Lite as a leave in with Pattern Pusha after and got GREAT results (I forgot how much I really do love Curl Junkie). I then went to the Curl Junkie site and saw that the CCCC Lite is being discontinued :-( So today I used the regular CCCC under PP and so far I am getting good results. Do you happen to know if CCCC is being discontinued as well. Just curious if you had any info.

i was just on the curl junkie site, and it seems she has the ccccLite in stock, and nothing about being discontinued.

the curl fix is out of stock and is being discontinued.

do you think you'll stay with cccc instead of ccccLite?

• rymorg2rymorg2 Registered Users Posts: 2,571
    I miss her too. I love cj but went vegan and a few of her products have animal ingredients, like cccc which I love. But nothing gave me curls like ss pt and curling jelly.

I'm basically starting my journey over now. I've been naughty amd flat ironing and round brushing.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry phone issues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry...phone issues

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Rbb - I saw that too on her site. Last week it said something different...maybe it changed. Anyway, I love them both but may stay with the CCCC. It has really been fantastic as a leave in under the PP. I think this is my favorite combo so far for CJ.

I got my Aloe Fix. I like it. I need to play around with a few different combinations though. It doesn't have enough hold for me to use without a gel on top. Today I used it under PP and I really like the way my hair looks and feels. It's seem to be great for adding moisture and shine. I'll keep playing with it.

• runnerchickirunnerchicki Registered Users Posts: 475
    The closest you can come to High Maintenance Firm Hold gel with currently available products would be to mix Max Green Alchemy texturizing paste with Max Green sculpting gel. Experiment with the proportions.. start with 1/3 texture paste with 2/3 sculpting gel.

It will not feel as "sticky" as the FHG (that's where the clumping power came from) and it won't have the same sheen... but it is as close as you will get. MGA products are formulated with a similar philosophy as SS.. they are just a bit more on the basic side (not specifically geared to curly needs).

This cocktail is *close* but there is no product available that is a twin to the FHG that Spiral Solutions followers loved.

Believe me.. I've looked.. and I would know. :thumright:
    FIA: 2cFii

Lady Crispina, Confector of Pharmaceutria and Conjurer of Exquisitus JuJu, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file