Looking for pictures of pixie cuts on women with VERY thick and dense wavy hair

Mochaccino9Mochaccino9 Posts: 6Registered Users
I've been trying to grow out my most recent bad pixie cut. Actually it wasn't that bad, and the cut itself was very well done, but it just did not work very well with my extremely thick wirey hair. Right now it's grown out to about an inch past ear length in front and I'm extremely tired of the awkward growth phase. My hair is making me look like an elderly politician at the moment. It's a sort of weird fluffy bouffant. I'm not ready to give up the dream of short hair, and I want to try out a pixie again, but I absolutely need to see real pics of thick hair tjis time. Does anyone with thick wavy hair have a pixie cut that they love?

Comments

• Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Unfortunately I don't have a pixie cut. I went for the one side longer bob, because of my hair type. Every time I have tried to go shorter it just a mess. So this time I wasn't brave enough to go for it, I'll post a picture of my current cut, I think is a good compromise, it's actually passed chin length but on natural it's a little above chin and below ear. I will also share some pics that you might have come across on google that I found and thought it will work on my hair.
    The first two pics are what I found and the last two is me. I do hope they show up
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • Mochaccino9Mochaccino9 Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks! I saw the pics. Your current hair looks like the style I was originally hoping my hair would grow into in about 3 or 4 months. It's good to know that it won't take too long to reach a manageable length, if I decide not to go back to a pixie cut, but some parts of my hair are still very short. I've asked similar hairstyle questions online before when I was having second thoughts about a haircut, and you might be the first person who's hair looks like it might actually be as thick as mine, lol. I don't think that it's uncommon to have hair as thick as ours, I've seen much thicker, but I usually only get answers from peoole with average to medium thickness hair IMO. I don't know why. Go figure.
    Still looking for pictures if anyone's got any btw.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    you could google 'short curly hairstyles' and it will come up with quite a few pics, all different styles.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
    Back when I got the original pixie that I'm now growing out, I looked up plenty of hairstyles that supposedly work well for thick wavy hair. The end result looked nothing like what I was aiming for. I had a typical pixie with a longer wavy top and a bangs, but it had double or triple the volume that you would expect and my "waves" just looked like a pile of cowlicks at that length. Flatironing fixed both those problems but left my hair looking like a weird helmet with emo bangs. I got it cut even shorter to fix the original cut, but it was a full-on masculine style. It would look amazing on some women, but I felt it made me look too much like a man. There was even a weird incident where a group of very drunk guys apparently mistook me for a teenage boy in drag (I was wearing feminine clothing) and they started yelling slurs at me before one of them pointed out that I was "probably" a woman and they backed off. My hair actually looked very clean cut and well styled at that point, but it also looked like it would have suited the average business man very well. I need to find a happy medium between the two. Extremely short pixies work much better with my hair texture than shaggy pixies, but I don't want to be mistaken for a teenage boy again. Lol
    Thanks! I saw the pics. Your current hair looks like the style I was originally hoping my hair would grow into in about 3 or 4 months. It's good to know that it won't take too long to reach a manageable length, if I decide not to go back to a pixie cut, but some parts of my hair are still very short. I've asked similar hairstyle questions online before when I was having second thoughts about a haircut, and you might be the first person who's hair looks like it might actually be as thick as mine, lol. I don't think that it's uncommon to have hair as thick as ours, I've seen much thicker, but I usually only get answers from peoole with average to medium thickness hair IMO. I don't know why. Go figure.

The first pic, the one with the red bits I believe would work on thick hair. Go to your stylist and go over pics and ideas, also include pics of your old haircut and what didn't work for you. I will show you two pics of my sister, also thick and very dense hair, but she has it slightly wavy, almost straight to be honest. But it will give you an idea.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjyuAgWJYd8I1j7UtUkVhpYwneH3
    This is a pretty decent example of my hair rexture and how it reacts to a short cut: https://ibb.co/cHKw35 The only difference is that my wave turned into a lot of weird little cowlicks at that length, if you ladies can imagine that. Does anyone have any ideas based on that info? My cut was a little different but it didn't look anywhere near as good on me as does on that beautiful model. After that, I got it cut even shorter, and it looked much much more clean cut, but it didn't look feminine enough for my taste, like I mentioned before. I'm looking for something clean cut that's still feminine. I wish I had the skill to figure out on my own, but I keep getting it wrong and my hairstylist is extremely nice and talented, but very reluctant to tell ne what cut will work.
    I saw that pic of your sister. Thanks! I'm hoping if I look at enough pics it will magically give me a good idea. I'm still googling other pics as well. I'm getting closer...I hope

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file