Frizz Help

machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
Not that I really mind the frizz but wondering what's going on. I really hope it's not the cut I recently got or it's the products I'm using. Can't seem to find the right products.

Didn't clarify this morning but tried Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion conditioner and S2C and left a lot in. I then applied LA Sports Gel squished it in and let it air dry. My waves don't seem to be chunky but sort of split not tightly together like they usually are. I said in another post the cut I recently got she used texture scissors but only on a couple of spots on my hair.

Here's some pics. The first one is my hair close to air dry. I started scrunching before it was dry cause I was getting impatient maybe that's what caused some frizz. The 2nd pic is completely dry and I have been out and about.

https://imgur.com/gallery/z2L9U

Comments

• machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    I think the issue is too much protein. My hair from previous pics was somewhat dry and strawy but not that much. This morning I spritzed my hair with a water and GVP Conditioning Balm mix. The moisture definitely helped. My waves are definitely hydrated. But some are stringy and split.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Cy3p4
  • LBoogie22LBoogie22 Registered Users Posts: 37
    What about glycerin???? I've heard that can cause especially mixed with certain weather conditions. Have you deep conditioned recently? I have a ton of frizz and I think glycerin may be the culprit or build up. We're starting to get hot humid weather here and am getting frustrated because all of my products have glycerin in them but I can't buy at new ones until I use everything up 😩

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LBoogie22 wrote: »
    What about glycerin???? I've heard that can cause especially mixed with certain weather conditions. Have you deep conditioned recently? I have a ton of frizz and I think glycerin may be the culprit or build up. We're starting to get hot humid weather here and am getting frustrated because all of my products have glycerin in them but I can't buy at new ones until I use everything up ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion. Doesn't have glycerin but has Aloe which I've read can act like glycerin. My hair needs protein but not much. The Fruit Fusion has protein in the middle to the end of the list.

I never have deep conditioned because my hair although dense can get over conditioned easily.

Also it's hard to find glycerin free products that have some protein. Easy to find glycerin and protein free though. I might get those protein drops and use it in GVP Conditioning Balm which is protein and glycerin free. I used GVP before but my hair went down hill cause of lack of protein I think.
  • BeinDebBeinDeb Registered Users Posts: 583 Curl Connoisseur
    You might also consider your recent cut. Usually when I get my hair cut, it takes a week or two for my curls to settle down and realign. It happens every time I get a cut, regardless if it's 1/4 of an inch or 2-3 inches!
    BeinDeb wrote: »
    You might also consider your recent cut. Usually when I get my hair cut, it takes a week or two for my curls to settle down and realign. It happens every time I get a cut, regardless if it's 1/4 of an inch or 2-3 inches!

Yea could be the cut too. Like I said in another post I'm hoping the cut was good. Got my cut from a local stylist who got great local reviews for curly hair. She did use texture scissors though but like 3 spots on my hair. She asked if that was ok and I gave her permission. I'm hoping that isn't the issue. It's been a week since the cut. I do think it's not necessarily the cut but products though.

It is looking better though. I went through my hair analysis again and found a suggestion that I haven't done for a long while. Gooseprints suggested with refreshing for my hair to use Deva Frizz Free Volume Foam and apply it in a rope squeeze application to damp to wet hair length wise. It seemed to work a bit.

https://imgur.com/gallery/SjAIu

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file