Don't get discouraged!! Hang in there, it works!

SlinkyheadSlinkyhead Registered Users Posts: 100
I just wanted to write a little something from my own experience on this weird journey of loving your own curls etc.

I started this about 8 months ago, I've had months where there was tons of progress and months where there was nearly none. I know there are days where you just wish you could blow it out or you didn't have to moisturize it because you're tired of dealing. Hang in there!!! Its so worth it.

I've tried a zillion products and methods of applying products. There is no singular perfect method, it varies with the weather and the condition your hair is in. Keep going. I'm just at the point now where all of my hair is curling, even at the crown and bangs..just now after 8 months lol. I've discovered that I'll have to grow out all of the old damaged hair (that isn't even terribly damaged) to acheive and even curl pattern all over my head. Most of my hair is 3a but my roots coming in are a mixture of 3b and 3a. The spiral loops around a few times tighter at the roots and then loosens to a bigger curl at the ends. This irritates me a lot..I wish it was all just like the roots but I have to be patient, keep caring for my hair, trimming the old hair away and removing the dead weight from my future awesomeness and I'll get there! So will you. Ok..jumping down from soap box podium. And scene. :-):icescream:

Type: 3a | NP | med-fine but high den | bob
NP: Deva NP, DC low poo, ACV rinses
RO: Deva 1 Cond orig or decadence
DC: DC HIC, SM JBCO mask
LI: 1 Cond, B'leavin
Styler: Deva SPC or reg SC
Gels: DC LDG, Bouncecurl
Refresh: water w Lavender oil.
Scalp: Lav/jojoba/rosem/pep oils.
Airdry, wait 30 mins before diffusing.
Loves a little protein in stylers! Hates heavy stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file