Lots of complaint for our new staff

marylee55marylee55 Registered Users Posts: 5
Hi there,
We hired a new staff in my parlor, but I don't think they are working properly. A lot of customers started complaining about their works, our complaint log is filled with their complaints. Many of the expensive products also seem to be missing. I doubt them strongly, but I can't blame them since I don't have any proof. What should I do? Many suggested keeping a CCTV monitoring system to monitor their activity and I think that it is a good idea. Should I wait and see or directly fire them, citing customer complaints. I feel I ought to give them a second chance. Any thoughts on this would be great.

Comments

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Have you talked to them about the complaints?
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • hmkennyhmkenny Registered Users Posts: 1,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Well, someone experienced and trustworthy should be on duty at all times and that person could coach the newbies. If you suspect them of stealing, then you should continue to gather evidence and then have a conversation with the alleged perpetrator. My daughter works in a chain salon and she has conducted a number of such interviews. There is a trick to it that does not promote any confrontational drama. It's a friendly interview in which the employee confesses. Also, there are inventory management techniques that should provide you with evidence of stealing.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    If you can't catch the thief you van always find out who is the underperforming employee. Try to have you or an experienced staff person working with them to see what is going on.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    What ever happened with this, @MaryLee55

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file