New here and looking for advice/recommendations

CurlyLadyUKCurlyLadyUK Registered Users Posts: 7 Curl Neophyte
Hello Everyone! New to this forum!

Been following CG method since 2014. First pics was my bleach damaged hair short hair, other 2 are recent.

I usually co-wash otherwise my highlighted hair gets dry, with Devaurl and sometimes wash with DR Organics Argan Oil low poo, then use YEs to Carrots Conditioner. I also use SheaMoisture Coconut and hibiscus curl and shine milk with Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee.

However, recently my hair have been getting weighed down massively so didn't use any leave in cream last wash.

I don't know how to get more volume? My hair is quite long now, does is just need to be cut.

Secondly, I can no longer get Biosilk RHG in UK, I need advice on something similar in UK? Or any recommendations on Strong gels/stylers for fine easily weighed down hair?

I have super fine, low density, porous hair. I really need a strong styler, I have a mix of ringlets and waves 2c-3b.

Thank you in advance curly community
Would love advice as never used this forum before.

Comments

• PoppycurlPoppycurl Registered Users Posts: 9
    Hi there, your hair is similar to mine, the struggle of flatter roots! I found that SM style milk was really hard to put the right amount in my hair without it feeling oily and weighed down, so I gave up using it as its just too heavy.

The yes to carrots may be causing problems, as it contains quats and Cetyl Esters, here's a link to a thread that will clarify things https://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/170431-cetyl-esters.html

As to other product recommendations, I need help with new (UK) products too!
  • CurlyLadyUKCurlyLadyUK Registered Users Posts: 7 Curl Neophyte
    Poppycurl wrote: »
    Hi there, your hair is similar to mine, the struggle of flatter roots! I found that SM style milk was really hard to put the right amount in my hair without it feeling oily and weighed down, so I gave up using it as its just too heavy.

The yes to carrots may be causing problems, as it contains quats and Cetyl Esters, here's a link to a thread that will clarify things https://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/170431-cetyl-esters.html

As to other product recommendations, I need help with new (UK) products too!

Thank you! That's really useful, I am not sure what conditioner to use. I really like devacurl one conditioner but it is so expensive. I don't think I read conditioner bottles enough, it's so hard to find a moisturising light-weight conditioner but will look out for these ingredients and see what I can find.

Yes, I need a new leave-in that is less heavy. Argh so hard to find in the UK, I always see recommendations for US stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file