John Masters hair care

foggybrainfoggybrain Posts: 21Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Pharmaca has the John Masters line on sale (20% off with the code MASTERS). I'm not sure if it is on sale in the brick and mortar stores.

I've never used the line but it looks pretty good and I've seen it mentioned here. Any recommendations?
2c/3a; moderately coarse; low porosity; medium density
Still looking for HG products
Live where it's perpetually Springtime with fog and wind

Comments

• machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    foggybrain wrote: »
    Pharmaca has the John Masters line on sale (20% off with the code MASTERS). I'm not sure if it is on sale in the brick and mortar stores.

I've never used the line but it looks pretty good and I've seen it mentioned here. Any recommendations?

I use the JM Detangling as a protein treatment and have to say it's good quality stuff. High end stuff. Can't speak for other JM products.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    they have a pomade type product that i tried years ago. loved the results, was great, but the smell was intolerable. very very very strong christmas tree smell, it was overpowering.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I've used some of the JM products and have been pleased. I've used the Citrus and Neroli Detangler (the product Macher referred to) as a protein treatment, and it works well for that (it's not overly moisturizing otherwise; it can also be used as a leave-in). I've used the Lavender and Avocado Intensive Conditioner (moisturizing but not too heavy), the Rosemary Peppermint Shampoo, the Sea Mist Spray, and the Bourbon Vanilla and Tangerine Texturizer. All have been good. I do find the products in general to be pretty protein heavy, though, if that's an issue for you. I like the texturizer because it has no protein in it.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    Therese1 wrote: »
    I've used some of the JM products and have been pleased. I've used the Citrus and Neroli Detangler (the product Macher referred to) as a protein treatment, and it works well for that (it's not overly moisturizing otherwise; it can also be used as a leave-in). I've used the Lavender and Avocado Intensive Conditioner (moisturizing but not too heavy), the Rosemary Peppermint Shampoo, the Sea Mist Spray, and the Bourbon Vanilla and Tangerine Texturizer. All have been good. I do find the products in general to be pretty protein heavy, though, if that's an issue for you. I like the texturizer because it has no protein in it.

Was looking at the Sea Mist spray. I think a sea salt / mist might style my hair nice. But I've heard that sea mists aren't good for your hair. Is that true?
  • foggybrainfoggybrain Posts: 21Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for your replies. Now I have to confess that I don't really know what a detangler is.
    2c/3a; moderately coarse; low porosity; medium density
    Still looking for HG products
    Live where it's perpetually Springtime with fog and wind
    I haven't had a problem, but some people report that their hair gets horribly dried out from salt sprays. I don't think it could cause too much damage if you watch your hair for any signs of trouble once you start to apply it, to nip it in the bud.
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    A detangler is just a light conditioner.
    Therese1 wrote: »
    A detangler is just a light conditioner.

Right but the JM detangled has a lot of protein in it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file