Natural Oil Mix

stevesystevesy Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi, I'm putting a natural oil mix together for my hair and skin consisting of the following:

• Jamaican Black Castor Oil
  • Argan Oil
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Avocado Oil
  • Aloe Vera Oil
  • Sweet Almond Oil
Can anyone with some experience advise me on the correct amount of each to use? I'd like to achieve a consistency similar to that of olive oil. Help appreciated, thanks.

4b (short, transitioning)
Porosity (mid/low)

Comments

• fihefihe Posts: 101Registered Users
    I don't have any experience with aloe vera oil or sweet almond oil, but I know that castor oil (and probably JBCO) and argan oil are very thick and sticky. Therefore, I would suggest not using either of those as the majority of your oil mix.

I have type 2, low porosity hair, and find that using mostly grapeseed oil works great for me. (I actually didn't know until after doing my treatment that grapeseed oil is recommended for low porosity hair.) My most recent hot oil treatment included about 0.25 cup of grapeseed oil, 1 tbsp. coconut oil, ~0.5 tsp. castor oil, and only 5-10 drops of argan oil. The mixture was pretty thin, not at all sticky, and easy to work into my hair. Worked great! After my hair was washed and air dried, I noticed right off the bat that the hair along my hairline laid down when it usually sticks up, making my hairline look much less bald than usual :P

Hope that helps a little!
    Check out my new blog:
    My Type 2 Hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file