Curly goes heavy and lose its structure

Hello everyone! (sorry for my English)

I never had any problems like this before...

The curly structure looks good after washing (shampoo + washable conditioner) just like it always was before, but as the hairs dry up its look curly only a qurter - they just don't keep the structure, especially on the top.

Any suggestions are welcome, but I'm a male and basically don't spend time on styling, also keep drying proccess natural. Perfectly I would like to stay away with the products, which require to wash the hair more often.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,524Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Hello! I know that you said you don't like products, but I think that using a product is necessary if you want to keep the curls after your hair has dried. Many of us on the forum use a hard-hold gel. It holds the curls' shape until the hair dries, which helps you keep your curl.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Icee wrote: »
    Hello everyone! (sorry for my English)

I never had any problems like this before...

The curly structure looks good after washing (shampoo + washable conditioner) just like it always was before, but as the hairs dry up its look curly only a qurter - they just don't keep the structure, especially on the top.

Any suggestions are welcome, but I'm a male and basically don't spend time on styling, also keep drying proccess natural. Perfectly I would like to stay away with the products, which require to wash the hair more often.

Thanks in advance!

I'm a guy too and don't like to spend to much time on styling but I do use a styling product because it's necessary and I suggest you do the same.

On wash days I cleanse, condition then rake scrunch usually a leave in product then let air dry. I don't normally use gels but like to use creams. I've been using Deva Curl B'Leave In for styling lately and it's sort of a gel but it isn't per se. I don't really use the creams for styling though, in my case I use them for extra hydration since my hair dehydrates easily.

On non wash days and refreshing I spritz my hair with a mix of water, conditioner and Deva B'Leave In. I spritz my hair to about 25% wet when I'm in the shower and the steam also helps. Then I very lightly scrunch the spritz in with a cotton tee shirt.
  • IceeIcee Posts: 2Registered Users
    Wow, thanks for your answers!

I've just found curl cream in the same product line I'm currently using, so will try.

What do you think about sprays on non-washing days? I remember I was using Bonacure Moisture Kick a long time ago - it was cool for a first few months, but then my hair has become extremely oily, I actually had to stop and fighting with hair loss!
    Some people like curl refresher sprays on nonwash days, but everyone's hair is different. Some people just spritz their hair with a little water, or with a solution of water and leave-in conditioner, and then scrunch the water into their hair to help re-form the curls. Some people's hair just frizzes up with water spritzing, or gets greasy with curl refresher sprays. I sometimes have a problem with refreshing, so I have to wet my hair down (I don't necessarily wash it, though) and restyle it. You'll have to experiment and see if you can find something that works for you.

Note: If your hair was OK before and this is a new problem, you may have build-up from the conditioner you are using. All conditioners can build up. If you want to try out this theory, I would try buying a new shampoo (one called a clarifying shampoo) and see if that fixes your problem.
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Some people like curl refresher sprays on nonwash days, but everyone's hair is different. Some people just spritz their hair with a little water, or with a solution of water and leave-in conditioner, and then scrunch the water into their hair to help re-form the curls. Some people's hair just frizzes up with water spritzing, or gets greasy with curl refresher sprays. I sometimes have a problem with refreshing, so I have to wet my hair down (I don't necessarily wash it, though) and restyle it. You'll have to experiment and see if you can find something that works for you.

Note: If your hair was OK before and this is a new problem, you may have build-up from the conditioner you are using. All conditioners can build up. If you want to try out this theory, I would try buying a new shampoo (one called a clarifying shampoo) and see if that fixes your problem.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file