Deva Delight Low Poo and Conditioner / Anything Similar?

machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
The Deva Delight line seems to be working the best for me but not perfect. Sometimes perfect and sometimes decent; I guess it depends on the weather because glycerin is high on the list. My hair is wishy washy when it comes to glycerin. I REALLY like Deva B'Leave In when everything works out but again probably has to do with the weather where it's not consistent. Since the B'Leave is a leave in, glycerin is very high and I guess depending on the weather can leave my hair stringy and / or looking 'wet when it's not wet'. Gooseprints in my hair analysis told me that's is what's causes the 'wet but not wet look'.

This might be tough though looking for products that are very similar to Deva Delight low poo and conditioner but either without glycerin or glycerin low on the ingredient list. One thing about the Delight line that I like is protein content. B'Leave In same thing has protein in it.

Darn which Deva Curl made the Delight line with glycerin low on the ingredient list.

Now that I'm getting back to basics and back to Deva Delight I'm looking for products that are similar but being very cautious.

Any suggestions of products? Thanks!

Comments

• machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I guess cause of the warmer weather yesterday and some moisture from doing yard work, the glycerin in Deva didn't make my hair stringy and / or 'wet when it's not wet'. If I remember when I use Deva in the humid summer the glycerin caused some issues like my hair getting too much moisture but I don't remember.

Still looking for a line that's similar in ingredients but glycerin free or glycerin low on the list. Was looking at Living Proof but seems to be lacking in protein. I'm going to look at Mop Top.
  • machermacher Posts: 1,030Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's been said that Deva products work for a bit then stop working. In my case I think I have a theory why Deva works great and then doesn't. According to the sciency blog...

"Glycerin is a fair-weather friend. When the humidity is just right, glycerin can help your hair look and feel great. When the weather gets too dry, glycerin can't pull enough water to itself and it loses it's effectiveness. When the air is very humid and glycerin pulls lots and lots of water in - poof - your hair loses definition."

This is what happens to me. When the humidity is just right Deva products make my hair ROCK. But living in Philly we don't have weather where humidity is just right all year round. That's why my theory is that Deva works sometimes and doesn't work on my hair. It's the high content of glycerin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file