2b/3a routine help

Caligirl92Caligirl92 Posts: 1Registered Users
My current routine just isn't giving me the results I want. Currently I use shea moisture curl milk and smoothie. Some days it works others not so much. My hair is easily weighed down, I have a lot of hair and it's thick. Prone to frizz and also gets dry very easily. I need some advice on what products to use that aren't too expensive. If anyone can give me some information on leave in conditioners and whether or not they would help. Basically anything for my hair type would be great info!

Comments

• mafelaymafelay Posts: 6Registered Users
    My hair is also very dry, super frizzy and also gets weight down easily. I find that Shea Moisture doesn't work in my hair at all. What is working for me currently is devacurl and jessicurl. Try buying one of the Jessicurl's collection. They give you 6 full size bottles of different products for $88. Unfortunately you do have to pay for your own shipping but they have promotions every month. If that is too expensive then try using eco-gel or LA LOOKS and suave conditioner. My hair doesn't like the conditioner and the gel gives me nice definition but then the next day it dries my hair, builds up and itches (I think it is because of the protein).
    Hair:
    Texture: 2 b/c
    Porosity: low
    Density: medium
    Width: medium

Products: Still under construction!
    Cleanser: a product made by TheCurlWhisperer in Miami and smells yummy!
    Conditioner/Leave in/Co-wash: Devacurl: Decadence. Generic Value Products: Conditioning Balm
    Styling: Devacurl: ArcAngel, Frizz-free voluminizing Foam, B-leave in. Jessicurl: Gelebration, Spiralicious. Eden BodyWorks: Natural Curling Jelly
    Deep Conditioner: Devacurl: Heaven in Hair
  • machermacher Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Caligirl92 wrote: »
    My current routine just isn't giving me the results I want. Currently I use shea moisture curl milk and smoothie. Some days it works others not so much. My hair is easily weighed down, I have a lot of hair and it's thick. Prone to frizz and also gets dry very easily. I need some advice on what products to use that aren't too expensive. If anyone can give me some information on leave in conditioners and whether or not they would help. Basically anything for my hair type would be great info!

My hair gets dehydrated easily and my hair also gets weighed down and I can't use Shea Moisture products either. I use Deva Delight conditioner because it has protein and also gives a nice hydrating balance. Then I use Deva B'Leave In for a styler / moisturizer but not that much. I squish the Deva Deligh condish in and leave a lot in.

On refresh days I have a spritz bottle with a little bit of Deva One Delight and just spritz my hair.
  • LBoogie22LBoogie22 Posts: 37Registered Users
    I recently found my holy grail routine. I have 2c/3a thick dry almost coarse HP hair.

Last weekend I clarified with Ion Hard Water Shampoo, protein treatment with SM JBCO, deep conditioned with SM Manuka Honey Intensuve Hydration masque then my style routine. All deva curl products:

Decadance one condition, super cream, belevein, Arc a gel. Sotc with wave maker then diffuse. Got the best hair after!

6c385aef64105fb6af199955f585965b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LBoogie22 wrote: »
    I recently found my holy grail routine. I have 2c/3a thick dry almost coarse HP hair.

Last weekend I clarified with Ion Hard Water Shampoo, protein treatment with SM JBCO, deep conditioned with SM Manuka Honey Intensuve Hydration masque then my style routine. All deva curl products:

Decadance one condition, super cream, belevein, Arc a gel. Diffuse. Sotc with wave maker. Got the best hair after!

6c385aef64105fb6af199955f585965b.jpg

Oops tried to edit but just quoted in stead. Was going to edit diffuse first then sotc with wave maker.

• Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Caligirl92 wrote: »

I don't use a leave in, so I couldn't give you any advice on that, however I have found my hair looks it's best when I use deep conditioner, so instead of using any regular conditioner I use my deep conditioner for 5-10 min then rinse and style, that helps reduce the dryness and keep it hydrated for 3 days.
    I think you can benefit from a gel, either medium hold or hard hold. Also use some oil to seal the moisture, you can try with coconut oil. Don't apply too much of it otherwise it will weight down your hair, just a few drops after you finish styling. What gives me best results is to add a bit of curl cream after I diffuse. I first put gel, coconut oil, diffuse and then curling cream. My hair is also dense, thick, dry and looses definition easily, doesn't get weight down but it does get fluffy and undefined. That's so far the best way I've found to keep it hydrated, defined and frizz free. Hope you find your way :)
    2c, dense and coarse hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file