Curls stretch out easily. What does this mean???

seaweedeseaweede Posts: 28Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have 2c/3a curls and fine (?) hair. I have noticed if I put my hair into a high pony and IF I were to brush it (dry OR wet), my curls/waves would easily disappear and become straight. This is especially true with a ponytail-the side of my hair are straight while the loose part is still curly. Does this relate to the "texture" of my hair or...any ideas? (Pineappleing does the same thing). TIA!

Comments

• deboparkerdeboparker Posts: 2Registered Users
    My hair does the same. Dont put it up. My hair is only curly when its out. When put it up and let it dry, then take it down my outside parts straighten out
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I think this happens to most of us on the board. I think that someone with really thick hair might not have as much of a problem because there is more structure to support the curl. I normally don't wear my hair up unless I'm nearing wash day and just want to get another couple of days out of my hair. Once I wear my hair up, I have to completely rewet it to get the curl back.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file