triumph of an aged curly girl!

tesseracttesseract Posts: 4Registered Users
Have gone without shampoo and blow drying since last November, when I first came upon this forum and the C.G. book.

I have gone from frizzy and frustrated, to a head full of soft, supple, fun, happy, EASY TO MAINTAIN curls. I'm 45, and for the first time in my life since I was a kid, I love my hair.

My Routine: shampoo every day with Devacurl's One Condition, rinse it out. Squeeze the "big water" out of my hair. Take a towel, bend from the waist, and very gently squeeze the medium water out (just a few squeezes.) Spray on Set it free, a few squirts on top, a few squirts underneath. Wrap my head in a towel, secure the turban with a clip, and do my exercises for 20 minutes.

Take down the towel, and dry naturally (the little water evaporates). I take two little strands of hair from behind my ears, pull them back, and use them as a hairtie, then secure with a clip. Looks good on me!

OK, I realize the downside to this system is that you might have to be a self-employed writer for it to work (can spend as much time as I need to get my hair dry before I have to be seen). On the days when I have to go out of the house right away, I just spray on a bunch of Set it Free, scrunch it up a bit, and don't worry about it.

I didn't even know I had curly hair before last fall. I must have gone to 20 hairdressers total in my life...didn't anyone out there have a clue to help me figure this out? Every single one of them used a blow dryer!

Comments

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    That's awesome! Your routine sounds great and I bet your hair is awesome!! I love Deva products as well. So glad you have found this site! It's so fun "getting to know" everyone! Would love to see some pics of those curls!!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file