We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

Found a good product

curly01curly01 Posts: 37Registered Users Curl Novice
I have THIN hair and I lost a lot from a hormone issue. I got a small bottle of Aveda's thickening tonic (purple bottle). It's a spray. And this stuff works!!
I have a bathroom full of product. I probably have hundreds of dollars worth of stuff that didn't work for me (I really need to list everything in a swap).
But this worked for me. I wash or wet down, whatever I'm doing for that day. And I'm using the invati spray for thinning hair, blot out excess water with a t-shirt, then spray in the thickening tonic. Scrunch and diffuse dry. POOF, no frizz but looks like I have hair!!! Might want to give it a try and if you buy from an aveda store, you can take it back if you don't like it.

Comments

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,971Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Curly01. Good information! I live near an Aveda store - I wonder if they might give me a sample.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,719Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have this and also think it is good. My hair stylist did say that you need to use heat to dry your hair in order to get it to work. Air drying doesn't seem to activate it very well. My stylist doesn't ordinarily think much of Aveda (she prefers Bumble and Bumble and Oribe), but she said she thought this was one of their best products.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,689Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sounds interesting, might need to do a bit of reading. Thanks for the info.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curly01curly01 Posts: 37Registered Users Curl Novice
    curlypearl wrote: »
    Thanks Curly01. Good information! I live near an Aveda store - I wonder if they might give me a sample.

they do sometimes carry the little travel size. That's the size I got to try it out.
  • elocutionelocution Posts: 4Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It is always good if somebody who has similar problems recommends a product that worked for her/him. Thanks.
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,719Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I might have confused this product with another one...the one I tried was the Volumizing Tonic from Aveda. I think this is different. I'm not sure how the thickening tonic works. I do know that the Volumizing Tonic needs heat to work. The Volumizing Tonic does not add any stiffness or texture to the hair; it adds only volume. It does have quite a bit of protein, if you are concerned about protein.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • nc_adminnc_admin Administrator Posts: 50Administrators Administrator
    I wonder what the active ingredient is.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file