We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes

Learn more!

Please help with hair type.

CurlylearningCurlylearning Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi, all! I've given in to my hair so I'm transitioning to its natural state. It is so hard! I've been reading sites like this religiously for a few months and started wearing the curls a few weeks ago. I haven't had a relaxer in at least three years, but I've definitely used the hot iron and I'm super guilty of pulling it back too much so now some of the hair on my left side is thinning. Finding the DevaCurl products and using a t-shirt to dry my hair has really helped limit the frizz and form some curls so I got a DevaCut on Tuesday. Now I'm trying to figure out my hair type so I get the "right" products. I think I'm a mix of 2C and 3A, but I'd love to hear your thoughts! The front photo is post-DevaCut; the back is pre-cut and from a few weeks ago.

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,719Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hello!

Generally, it is more useful to know your hair properties rather than your curl pattern when picking products. It is helpful to know the porosity (low, normal, high) and the hair thickness (fine, medium, coarse).
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 1,719Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hello!

Generally, it is more useful to know your hair properties rather than your curl pattern when picking products. It is helpful to know the porosity (low, normal, high) and the hair thickness (fine, medium, coarse).
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: As I Am; CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel
    Normal- to low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file