Is my hair 2a/1c? Please help with hair care tips

marilynmayy_marilynmayy_ Posts: 4Registered Users
I am new here, just discovered this amazing forum that talks about hair care.
I am not sure if my hair is 2a or 1c, it is not wavy but it definitely is not straight. My hair is fine, and thin, but it looks thick with the texture, because my friends and family always think I have thick hair.
Can anyone please advise me on how to tame and style my hair, and I am trying to avoid heat styling because my hair is kind of damaged due to my over-relaxed hair and colouring in the past.

Thanks.

1489629341116-118869628.jpg

Comments

• Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome!
    I can't see your picture, and to be honest I'm not familiar with your hair type. But I can advice you some very general things.
    Don't wash your hair daily, use a sulfate free shampoo and keep your hair conditioned. Do regular (as needed) deep conditioning, and protein treatment (less regularly).
    Don't comb or brush when dry. As for products, I can't be of much help, you could benefit from a light styling cream or a final touch spray.
    Also you could browse haircuts that will be more suited for your type.
    Hope you get better replies, and get a hang of it :)
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • Gaby.VintimiGaby.Vintimi Posts: 124Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome!
    I can't see your picture, and to be honest I'm not familiar with your hair type. But I can advice you some very general things.
    Don't wash your hair daily, use a sulfate free shampoo and keep your hair conditioned. Do regular (as needed) deep conditioning, and protein treatment (less regularly).
    Don't comb or brush when dry. As for products, I can't be of much help, you could benefit from a light styling cream or a final touch spray.
    2c, dense and coarse hair.
  • marilynmayy_marilynmayy_ Posts: 4Registered Users
    Welcome!
    Thank you for reply, I relaxed and colored my hair last year. The hairstylist told me that my hair is wavy type, but for what I see is between straight and wavy. It just looks thick and coarse, and it is frizzy like I can't even tame it with serum or anything.
    Thank anyway. :)
    Welcome!
    Thank you for reply, I relaxed and colored my hair last year. The hairstylist told me that my hair is wavy type, but for what I see is between straight and wavy. It just looks thick and coarse, and it is frizzy like I can't even tame it with serum or anything.
    Welcome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file