NOT YOUR MOTHER'S Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining

JD.GameAccouJD.GameAccou Posts: 46Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Has anyone tried this yet?

NOT YOUR MOTHER'S

Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Curl Defining Shampoo

Details-
A luscious blend of Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter preserves the natural curl so your hair moves with a beautiful bounce. This Curl Defining Shampoo will cleanse without weighing curls down and prepare hair for a definitive, vivacious style. Tahitian Gardenia Flower soothes and softens to enhance the shape of natural curl. Mango Butter reduces frizz, restores hair's elasticity and creates shine.
Gentle formulas for everyday use
Plant derived ingredient alternatives
Environmentally friendly formula
This finished product is never tested on animals
Recyclable container
100% Free of:
Sulfates
Silicones
Phthalates
Parabens
Gluten
Synthetic Dyes

Ingredients-
Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Fragrance (Parfum), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycol Distearate, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Gardenia Taitensis Flower Extract, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-10, Quaternium-80, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
- Rose

2B/C wavy, fine, high porosity hair

Mod-CG
Poo: Renpure Bamboo Coconut Water Shampoo
Condish - SoCozy Boing Sweet Crème Curl Conditioner
Leave in- KCKT, JM Organics Citrus/Neroli Detangler
Curl Cream: CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Creme-Lite
Gel: *searching*
PT: CJ Repair Me, Gelatin
Pre-Poo/Overnight: Aloe, Jojoba & Tea Tree Oil Mix
Clarifying: Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo

*Allergic to Devacurl and Herbal Essences

Comments

• RafterBatRafterBat Posts: 182Registered Users Curl Novice
    Wow! Reviews on Ulta for the entire line are glowing. I may pick some up to try!
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • lalasophialalasophia Posts: 7Registered Users
    I guess it has an amazing scent! Just love fruit-filled shampoos :)
  • RafterBatRafterBat Posts: 182Registered Users Curl Novice
    I bought the shampoo, conditioner, and combing cream and have tried them once so far with mixed results.

The scent is pleasantly fruity and did not linger in my hair (but few fragrances do linger for me).

The shampoo has a lot of lather and seems moisturizing, but my scalp does not feel as clean as I would prefer.

The conditioner has much less slip than I was expecting, although it became easier to comb through after leaving it in for the rest of my shower. I rinsed my scalp quite thoroughly but did not try to get it all out of the ends.

I used 2 pumps of the combing cream and my wet brush slid through reasonably well, but I have had better results with the CJ BeautiCurls both during and after styling.

Once I had the cream in, it looked like I'd need some hold so I added 2 pea-sized blobs of Suave Mega-Hold Gel, then plopped and air dried.

My curls were well-defined but elongated and much less "bouncy" unlike the reviewers' experiences. I also think there was more shine overall. My hair felt less moisturized than I like, but not dramatically so. I spent the day wondering how the gel might be affecting the overall results.

When I took out my usual pineapple this morning, my hair was quite flat and somewhat greasy to the eye and touch, causing immediate resort to a ponytail.

It is very possible that I need to play around with the line and its individual components to see if there is a combination that works well. I will experiment, but my initial response is that I'm likely to stick with my GVPCB and CJ products.

Hope this was helpful!
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file