A renewed love for my hair

I just wanted to share stories of battling with hair. Whatever your stuggle has been, share it with others so everyone struggling or who has previously will know they aren't alone. Here's my story.

I was born with super curly hair but never really new just how curly my hair was til about two years ago. My parents never knew how to care for curly hair so, in turn neither did I. It was always brushed & combed (with those really small bristle combs) Then four years ago I went to get highlights. The woman bleached my hair & severely overprossessed my hair. My long hair was now falling out in huge clumps, each time I touched my hair I would bring back a handful of it that came off in my hand. I had no ither choice but to chop it off, my hair wasn't but an inch long in the front, completely shaved at the nape of my neck. I vowed to take better care of my hair. The next year: deep conditions, masks, heat protectant, regular trims & no coloring. My hair was growing and regaining it's life, I celebrated the day I got the last of the blonde cut off. I then moved to a humid climate. Straightening was out of the question. After some extensive googling on frizz control I stumbled across naturallycurly.com, a whole new world opened up. Fast forward to now & my hair is curlier, longer, shinier & healthier than it has ever been. Shea Moisture products have been the only products used on my hair in the last two years & I couldn't be happier with the results. Shout outs to Shea Moisture & nauturallycurly.com for renewing my love for my hair. I couldn't have done it without you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file