Advice on this please

Hi

I am a UK curly and struggling with some sort of frizz. I have been curly for about four years and this issue I have doesn't seem to go away. I am hoping my picture has attached to give you an idea of what I am working with. I have some sort of frizz on the outside of the hair. This tends to rise as the day goes on. Making me look messy and curls undefined. I have changed products over the years thinking this is the cause and struggle as I have sensitive skin that reacts to so much such as essential oils and fragrance. I do not use any silicones and recently did a re-set with apple cider vinegar occasional I use a sulphate shampoo for build up. My hair is low porosity most products sit on my hair as in the picture and makes me look greasy. I think I need lighter but more penetrating moisturising products at the same time. Wondering what causes this and wonder if its an ingredient in my products. Currently use Aveda co-wash, body shop condition and deep treatment. Crown pride hair milk as leave in and crown pride styling puree. Can anyone provide any advice to this frizz or tips it is driving me to straighten my hair as I tend to tie up my hair due to frizz.

Thanks
Jubear
Fine curls past shoulder length and growing well
Challenges:Frizz to outer layer of hair
Pre-poo: Coconut oil night before hair washing
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Manuka honey and manfura oil low poo
Conditioner: The Body Shop Rainforest conditioner Moisture
Deep Conditioner: The Body Shop Rainforest Deep Conditioner Moisture
Leave in conditioner: Giovanni 2Chic olive Oil Leave in
Styler: Jessicurl Spiralicious gel
Sealer: Grapeseed oil

Comments

• JubearJubear Posts: 5Registered Users
    Seriously, no respones? I can't believe no one has any tips?
    Fine curls past shoulder length and growing well
    Challenges:Frizz to outer layer of hair
    Pre-poo: Coconut oil night before hair washing
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Manuka honey and manfura oil low poo
    Conditioner: The Body Shop Rainforest conditioner Moisture
    Deep Conditioner: The Body Shop Rainforest Deep Conditioner Moisture
    Leave in conditioner: Giovanni 2Chic olive Oil Leave in
    Styler: Jessicurl Spiralicious gel
    Sealer: Grapeseed oil
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This board has gone downhill. Images don't post and responding to threads is difficult now, so people have left.

With your hair, there are many possible issues. Here are a few things to try or consider. One, some peoples' hair don't like glycerin or aloe--check your products for that. Two, an oil sealer may not be necessary and may be too much for your hair if you're low po. Same with leave in conditioner, especially int he summer. Three, some peoples' hair don't do well with coconut oil, or may not be able to handle it all the time. Too little protein can cause frizz. Some people are protein sensitive, though with fine hair you're likely not. If you don't have any in your routine you may want to try a product with some, or a protein treatment. In the summer peoples' hair tends to need more protein, and less moisture (depending where you live of course).

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
    This board has gone downhill. Images don't post and responding to threads is difficult now, so people have left.

With your hair, there are many possible issues. Here are a few things to try or consider. One, some peoples' hair don't like glycerin or aloe--check your products for that. Two, an oil sealer may not be necessary and may be too much for your hair if you're low po. Same with leave in conditioner, especially int he summer. Three, some peoples' hair don't do well with coconut oil, or may not be able to handle it all the time. Too little protein can cause frizz. Some people are protein sensitive, though with fine hair you're likely not. If you don't have any in your routine you may want to try a product with some, or a protein treatment. In the summer peoples' hair tends to need more protein, and less moisture (depending where you live of course).

3A/f/i
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Naturecat has some good suggestions to look into. I am one of the rare low-po wavies who is protein sensitive, so it can happen. I would cut out all protein-containing products and see if the frizz improves. It might also be a particular type of protein that's the culprit. Whenever I use something with quinoa protein, my hair is very frizzy.

Aloe makes my hair frizzy as well, and it's worse in the spring and summer.

Have you ever clarified? Build-up can create frizz.

The photo you posted is not visible to the rest of us on the board, unfortunately (the board has been struggling with this issue for a while). If you want to post a pic, you will have to post it on a third-party site and link to it.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Naturecat has some good suggestions to look into. I am one of the rare low-po wavies who is protein sensitive, so it can happen. I would cut out all protein-containing products and see if the frizz improves. It might also be a particular type of protein that's the culprit. Whenever I use something with quinoa protein, my hair is very frizzy.

Aloe makes my hair frizzy as well, and it's worse in the spring and summer.

Have you ever clarified? Build-up can create frizz.

The photo you posted is not visible to the rest of us on the board, unfortunately (the board has been struggling with this issue for a while). If you want to post a pic, you will have to post it on a third-party site and link to it.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    Also, sometimes I find that a product with strong hold helps prevent frizz, esp on 2+ day hair.

3A/f/i

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file