Best products/DIYs for moisture?

StellarStellar Posts: 6Registered Users
I have 2c hair and have only in the last year or so discovered the joy of curls :) I have found a natural (no sulfites) shampoo that I really like, but have had trouble finding conditioner or cream that would add moisture but not weigh my hair down.

My hairdresser just yesterday said that my hair is really thirsty for moisture, so now I turn to you. What are your best (preferably natural) moisturise givers for your hair?

I am interested both in conditioners and something to add to my hair between washes (I wash my hair usually once per 5-6 days).

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    For a conditioner, I use the Intelligent Nutrients Harmonizing Conditioner or else Curl Junkie's Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Conditioner. The latter has more oils in it, and I use it during the driest days of winter.

For a leave-in, I like the Curl Junkie BeautiCurls leave-in because it's pretty lightweight yet very moisturizing. As I Am also has a leave-in that is quite natural and isn't very heavy. You could perhaps spritz your hair with some water between washes and scrunch in a little leave-in.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't use conditioner currently, just catnip tea. It's strengthening more than anything. If you want moisture without weight, you can try a diluted leave in (read: mixed with water) spritzed to your hair after taking out some of the water. You can also try an all natural DC treatment like irish moss. There's fenugreek too but that's much heavier to me personally, but lots of curlies swear by it.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • RafterBatRafterBat Posts: 182Registered Users Curl Novice
    After getting a hair analysis from Wendy/GoosefootPrints on Etsy, I've been pre-pooing with sunflower oil, leaving a very small amount (I dip my finger into the bottle once and rub that amount between my palms, raking in from about the ears down) in my hair for 4-8 hours before shampooing.

At almost the same time, I started using Beauticurls LI as well. Other than that my routine has been the same, but the difference has been amazing. I don't know which change to credit, but I'm ecstatic at the improved texture and strength of my curl pattern. For the first time ever, my hair feels moisturized and healthy.
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file