How to use Clarifier Shampoo

machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
Just got a bottle of Ion clarifying shampoo from Sally's. I believe my hair needs to get stripped cause of products not responding well to my hair and want to start over.

Directions say just massage it in and rinse out. After I clarify what do I need to do? Cleanse and condition then style product? Or do I skip the cleanse/ low poo then condition?

Thanks!

Comments

• RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    I figure my hair probably doesn't need any more cleansing, so I skip that. And I always DC rather than simple conditioning to get moisture back in to those dry ends.
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I agree with Rafter Bat. I don't do a regular poo after I clarify; I go straight to conditioning, and I do a deep treatment if I have time.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Therese1 wrote: »
    I agree with Rafter Bat. I don't do a regular poo after I clarify; I go straight to conditioning, and I do a deep treatment if I have time.

Speaking of deep conditioning. Your hair is wavy like mine. I'd like to try DC but I'm afraid because don't want my hair to get weighed down. Any suggestions?
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    Well, the products I use are kind of pricey, so you may not want to spend that much. I have been using the Intelligent Nutrients Harmonizing Conditioner to DC in normal to slightly low dews, and for really low dews, I've been using Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Conditioner, which is heavier because it contains more oils. My hair is protein sensitive, so that limits what I can use.

I might try the Kiss My Face Whenever conditioner as a deep treatment. Some people use that to co-wash, so I don't think it's too heavy.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file