Yes to Coconuts Shampoo and Conditioner Anyone

machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
Been watching review on Yes to coconut shampoo and conditioner and interested in trying it out because I'm on a quest for drug store products that are cheaper than premium salon prodicts. Yes to coconuts can be brought at Target etc.

Looking for people who have wurly hair not curly with medium dense hair, normal to high po who are using it. I consider myself a wavy not a curly and my hair can get weighed down at my roots crown because I'm low po there. Reviews that I've watched are people with almost the same hair type. Some even use it as a combo leave in and don't rinse it out all the way. Some have even said it's their holy grail.

Anyone? Thanks!

Comments

• Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    I think that the Polished Curl (she has a Youtube channel) likes the Yes to Coconut conditioner. I don't know if she's ever used the poo. She has fine to medium hair, 2C, normal to high po, I think. I would check out her channel if no one replies here.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
  • PoppycurlPoppycurl Registered Users Posts: 9
    Hi, I have 2c/3a hair. I have used the conditioner. It has great slip and I think it is also quite rich and moisturising. I actually over conditioned my hair with this product haha. The only downside is that it has little to no protien in it (I think) and high content of glycerine (may be OK as a rinse out) so my hair does dry out after a day. That may be down to lack of protien keeping the moisture in.
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Therese1 wrote: »
    I think that the Polished Curl (she has a Youtube channel) likes the Yes to Coconut conditioner. I don't know if she's ever used the poo. She has fine to medium hair, 2C, normal to high po, I think. I would check out her channel if no one replies here.

Yea that's where I saw the product. Her hair is I think more like 2B narurally. She really has to work her hair to get it to a 2C unnaturally. My hair without any work is a natural 2B/C. I can get it to a very close 3 if I worked it. Plus she uses a a lot of products to achieve her look. That's not me. I'm wanting to keep my hair what it naturally is.

My hair is medium dense and her hair she says is on the fine side. Don't know what my issues are with my hair getting weighed down. I'm thinking it's most likely that I don't do a lot of work into my hair as I let it go naturally. I cleanse, condish then 1 styler preferably a cream and that's it I'm ready to roll. I don't scrunch much only when I dry my hair with a cotton tee.
    Poppycurl wrote: »
    Hi, I have 2c/3a hair. I have used the conditioner. It has great slip and I think it is also quite rich and moisturising. I actually over conditioned my hair with this product haha. The only downside is that it has little to no protien in it (I think) and high content of glycerine (may be OK as a rinse out) so my hair does dry out after a day. That may be down to lack of protien keeping the moisture in.

I've over conditioned my hair using Deva One conditioner before. Thought the coconut ingredients were a protein?
  • PoppycurlPoppycurl Registered Users Posts: 9
    I think coconut oil helps keep protien in, but it is not like small protiens such as amino acids, keratin, hydrolyzed protiens etc which can absorb into your hair shaft. So technically no protien? It's a little bit of a controversial subject I think. https://blackhairinformation.com/growth/moisturizing/coconut-oil-acts-like-a-protein-the-truth-behind-it-all/
    Poppycurl wrote: »

According to the ingredients it doesn't have glycerin in it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file