Drug Store Product Reco's

machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
Looking for drug store product reco's that I can buy at Target, CVS, Walmart etc.

I have medium dense hair, high po ends, medium po mid shaft, low po roots. I consider myself a wavy not necessarily a curly although my hair can get 3 curly.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Could have silicones as long as they wash out. I guess they're called water soluble.
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    These are products I've found in drug stores near me.

Shea Moisture: CG shampoos, conditioners and stylers. People rave about the JCBO line and the weightless deep conditioning masque. The curl smoothie is a standard for those with coarse/thick hair.

LA Looks Sports Gel: It's cheap. It's blue. It's totally amazing. This is my go to high humidity gel, and I've used some expensive gels.

As I Am: I uses the Coconut Cowash, but the entire line is fairly well rated.

Curls Blueberry Bliss: the leave in is a curly girl favorite.

Eco gel: Another cheap, but effective, standard.

Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner. Surprisingly, this is CG, and it works well. The tube of argan oil that they sell is mostly silicones with a little oil, very disappointing.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    These are products I've found in drug stores near me.

Shea Moisture: CG shampoos, conditioners and stylers. People rave about the JCBO line and the weightless deep conditioning masque. The curl smoothie is a standard for those with coarse/thick hair.

LA Looks Sports Gel: It's cheap. It's blue. It's totally amazing. This is my go to high humidity gel, and I've used some expensive gels.

As I Am: I uses the Coconut Cowash, but the entire line is fairly well rated.

Curls Blueberry Bliss: the leave in is a curly girl favorite.

Eco gel: Another cheap, but effective, standard.

Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner. Surprisingly, this is CG, and it works well. The tube of argan oil that they sell is mostly silicones with a little oil, very disappointing.

Thanks. Was always interested in the Shea weightless stuff. My hair tends to get weighed down.

Also interested in Suave Naturals Coconut because it has protein in it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file