CG Dilemma

JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
So I have been faithfully following the CG method for 2 years now. My curls have grown and been happy, but I've had to switch products because the same ones aren't working the same for me anymore as my curl pattern and texture has changed a bit.

I was recently sent a product to try and I loved it to bits. It made my curls so soft, unbelievably defined, and they lasted FIVE DAYS without refreshing! But I found that it had dimethicone, and cones are not accepted in the CG method. The product ALSO had a cleanser in it though, which I think may explain why it wasn't building up on my hair. I've used products with cones before, and they made my curls straw-like, but this doesn't.

Should I just keep using it and stop when I notice a problem...?
Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
•Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
•Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:

Comments

• rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    i can't find the ingredients on a website. if it has PEG in front of it, then the dimethicone is water soluble and will rinse out.

also, if it works and does not build up over time, then i'd just keep using it.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    I agree, if it's not causing any problems, I'd keep using it. I used to be so strict about cones but over time, I've noticed that they hardly ever cause any issues for me. I also low poo though, so that's probably why.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • StarmieStarmie Registered Users Posts: 7,169 Curl Virtuoso
    I agree with the others, if it's working for you and not causing problems then just go for it.
    3b in South Australia.
  • JunyJuJunyJu Registered Users Posts: 495 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks guys! I was so conflicted. I've had the CG method beat into my head so much that I felt guilty using it, but I love how soft and defined it makes my curls, it smells SO good, and my curls last forever. Plus, it's a cowash and a leave-in, so I don't have to buy a sulfate-free shampoo with it, or a leave-in (although I do occasionally use a styling cream).

I feel so much better now!
    Medium texture, with some fine. Colored. High porosity, high density. 3b/3c; multicultural.

•Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture JBCO Hair Masque
    •Conditioner: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •No-poo: One N' Only Island Essentials Awapuhi
    •Styler(s): Shea Moisture JBCO Leave-In, As I Am Curling Jelly.
    •CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015. :happy3:
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    What's the product?
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, I'd like to know the product also. :wave:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file