Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditoner Curly Hair Anyone?

machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
Was in Ulta and came across this. Seems like a one step thing that cleanses and conditions. You leave in your hair for 5 minutes then rinse it all out. I would love a wash and go type thing vs using a low poo shampoo and a conditioner. A little pricey comparable to buying premium low poos and conditioners.

Bought a small bottle and the cream to try out and I can return it.

Not much reviews around.

Anyone use it? And how do you like it?

Im going to use it this morning.

Thanks!

Comments

  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Tried it this morning. Applied about 6 pumps all over my hair and finger combed it through, then massaged it in my hair as per directions. Then I left it in while I soaped myself up and brushed my teeth in the shower. I guess it was around 5 minutes. Then I completely rinsed it out.

    What I noticed as I was rinsing it out my hair felt like it was nice getting g nice and moisturizer which worried me. But once I rinsed it all out it felt good. Another thing was my scalp felt kind of tingly when it was left it.

    After I rinsed out got my comb and combed my hair out. The comb seemed to slide through and there were a couple of common snags. After I combed through gave my hair a light scrunch then applied the Matirx Biolage Cream Gel for Curly hair. According to instructions it say comb it through and I did. After I combed through gave my hair a quick light scrunch.

    This is what it looks like so far.

    If this can last me 2 days then I'll be happy. Tomorrow will be the test. I'll spritz my hair with water and see where it goes.

    Hopefully the gel cream won't leave my hair crunchy.

    What I like about this product is it's much faster than shampooing and conditioner. Almost like a wash and go. The instructions say to leave in for 5 minutes and this can be done while I soap myself up, brush my teeth in the shower.
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Haven't touched my hair in over an hour. My hair usually dries pretty fast. Hair feels a little crunchy but not much at all. Probably cause it's a gel cream. I like creams. My hair isn't completely dry. This is what it looks like so far.
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Hair isn't completely dry but scrunched it up a bit. My hair is soft. Pretty much same softness when I use Deva Curl Delight poo and condish.

    So far somewhat happy. The test will be 2nd day hair.
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    My hair after being outside for hours with a 'honey do list' LOL. A little frizzy but that's expected. But what I'm liking is I'm getting my chunky waves back like I used to have.
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    Very nice, it looks soft and defined, without much frizz. How cool to find an easy regimen like that! Hopefully it keeps performing well :)

    Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    After a days work. I work outside in the elements and it was nice but windy out. Not bad for 2nd day hair and being outside.
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Registered Users Posts: 494 Curl Novice
    I've used those before. I liked the cleansing conditioner but I just couldn't justify the cost because I have a lot of hair. If it was a little cheaper I would continue to buy it. I'm still experimenting with the gel cream. I want a little more hold. I think it looks like it's working well for you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    curlisue1 wrote: »
    I've used those before. I liked the cleansing conditioner but I just couldn't justify the cost because I have a lot of hair. If it was a little cheaper I would continue to buy it. I'm still experimenting with the gel cream. I want a little more hold. I think it looks like it's working well for you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Yea it's pricey but it depends what you're comparing it too. Compared to premium salon products it's pretty much in line with pricing.

    I would much prefer to find and use drugstore products that I could get at Target, Walmart etc to be honest. Maybe I'll post a new Topic and ask.
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    Third day hair. All I did was spritz my hair and put some Biolage gel cream in. Not bad for working outside. Going to cleanse condish tomorrow morning.
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    curlisue1 wrote: »
    I've used those before. I liked the cleansing conditioner but I just couldn't justify the cost because I have a lot of hair. If it was a little cheaper I would continue to buy it. I'm still experimenting with the gel cream. I want a little more hold. I think it looks like it's working well for you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I've used Deva Curl products in the past and when you figure the cost of Deva poo and condish it works out to the same price as Matrix Biolage. I also looked at other brands in Ulta and they are all pretty much the same pricing. The advantage to the Matrix Biolage is it's a one step process vs a 2 step process. Like I said though I would like to find a drugstore brand. I did use a drugstore brand in the past, Tresemme. But what I found was I had to cleanse and condish my hair more often than a salon premium product. My hair looked just as good as salon premium but the product wouldn't last.

    Cleanse conditioned my hair with Matrix Sunday. Just cleanse conditioned this morning. I went 3 days depending on how count it. Now since the weather has been nice here in Philly although on the windy side might have something to do with vs cold.

    So I have to figure out the costs vs drug store brands. If I can get away with 2 days which would be every other day, I suppose depending on the price it might work out. But if I remember correctly Tresemme, Suave, VO5 although worked but didn't last.
  • RafterBatRafterBat Registered Users Posts: 182 Curl Novice
    macher wrote: »
    curlisue1 wrote: »
    ... But what I found was I had to cleanse and condish my hair more often than a salon premium product. My hair looked just as good as salon premium but the product wouldn't last...

    if I remember correctly Tresemme, Suave, VO5 although worked but didn't last.

    Excellent point! I have the Biolage Cleansing Conditioner but can't get consistent enough results to really love it. I keep it in my rotation while continuing to look for the HG. One thing I haven't paid attention to is how long my shampoo/cowash/etc products *last* - will have to start keeping track! Maybe the Biolage will come out on top when accounting for lasting results.
    2c, coarse, low elasticity, medium/high density; varied porosity, protein- and coconut-sensitive
    CJ Daily Fix and Smoothing Conditioner; then Beauticurls and Pattern Pusha
    For a deeper clean once a week, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner 
  • Guide 65Guide 65 Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 1,984 Curl Virtuoso
    macher wrote: »
    Third day hair. All I did was spritz my hair and put some Biolage gel cream in. Not bad for working outside. Going to cleanse condish tomorrow morning.

    Your third day hair looks amazing! I tried the Matrix Biolage cleansing conditioner for curly hair. It was ok. I still had to use conditioner afterwards. What I didn't like is the way it's marketed. They have one for curly (but NOT to be used with fine hair!) and they have one for fine hair (which says nothing about curly hair). I have fine curly hair, which means neither one is right for me, according to their bottles. I know what's written on the bottles doesn't really matter much, but I still have a feeling of being "left out".

    I switched to BrioGeo Avocado and Quinoa cowash. I actually like this one a lot better, and they haven't specified what kind of hair you need to have to use it. I got mine at Sephora. Ulta might have it too.
    Formerly known as Janiegirl
    2B/2C, fine hair, low density, mixed porosity, protein loving hair
    Current products:
    Changing up my shampoos because I can't find one I like
    Deva Curl One Condition (original formula)
    Innersense I Create Volume
    Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    janiegirl wrote: »
    macher wrote: »
    Third day hair. All I did was spritz my hair and put some Biolage gel cream in. Not bad for working outside. Going to cleanse condish tomorrow morning.

    Your third day hair looks amazing! I tried the Matrix Biolage cleansing conditioner for curly hair. It was ok. I still had to use conditioner afterwards. What I didn't like is the way it's marketed. They have one for curly (but NOT to be used with fine hair!) and they have one for fine hair (which says nothing about curly hair). I have fine curly hair, which means neither one is right for me, according to their bottles. I know what's written on the bottles doesn't really matter much, but I still have a feeling of being "left out".

    I switched to BrioGeo Avocado and Quinoa cowash. I actually like this one a lot better, and they haven't specified what kind of hair you need to have to use it. I got mine at Sephora. Ulta might have it too.

    When I co washed in the past it weighed my hair down. The Matrix Biolage is a cleansing conditioner so I think there's a difference.

    Is the BrioGeo heavy?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file