Anyone heard of Lubricity Labs?

Saw this on Facebook today. Looks like a company local to Baton Rouge. Looks interesting.

I got the ingredient list from them. Can anyone decipher it, please and thank you?

3A/3B
I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.

Comments

• CubanwavyCubanwavy Registered Users Posts: 293
    I contacted Lubricity Labs yesterday by email and received a fast response. In a nutshell, there are no silicones, sulfates or parabens in their products and they are cruelty free. I ordered the Treatment. Interesting on how the company got started.
  • alisons79alisons79 Registered Users Posts: 680
    My concern (my only one really) is that it states that it's a coating on the hair that keeps moisture out so hair can't get frizzy.

Well, how does the moisture I *need* get in?? Sounds like a good idea but I don't want to apply this and then wind up with severely dried out hair because of this coating.

I sent them another email after they sent the ingredients to me and asked these questions.
    3A/3B
    I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Registered Users Posts: 609 Curl Connoisseur
    @Alison

since your curls are 3A ringlets and spirals :) -I would avoid the Treatment product from there. It appears to be some form of keratin straightener type thing.
    That's the thing...when I specifically asked if this was a straightener of some sort, their response was that my curl pattern would not be affected.

I'm not sure what to think! It seems too good to be true...which usually means that it is!��
    3A/3B
    That's the thing...when I specifically asked if this was a straightener of some sort, their response was that my curl pattern would not be affected.

I'm not sure what to think! It seems too good to be true...which usually means that it is!😀
    3A/3B
  • freshwaterpearlfreshwaterpearl Registered Users Posts: 305 Curl Neophyte
    I heard of the products but just like you I am highly hesitant. Would it be possible to post a clearer ingredient list? Thank you
  • curlyamarylliscurlyamaryllis Registered Users Posts: 338 Curl Connoisseur
    Their example picture is straightened curly hair.

The whole story makes me sad. The father didn't know how to care for his daughter's curly hair, so he spent years developing a straightening solution to "Fix" her hair. Hell of a message to send your daughter.
    CG since May 1, 2016
    3a, fine, thin, normal porosity, no dye, greying naturally
    Devacurl Weightless Waves Low Poo & Conditioner, B'Leave-in and Ultra Defining Gel
    Curl Junkie Spiral Lotion in low humidity
    Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel mixed with UDG for high humidity
    at home gelatin PT
    Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioner
  • Catherine.FaCatherine.Fa Registered Users Posts: 1
    Their example picture is straightened curly hair.

The whole story makes me sad. The father didn't know how to care for his daughter's curly hair, so he spent years developing a straightening solution to "Fix" her hair. Hell of a message to send your daughter.

You misunderstood the story. Lubricity products smooth the hair and calms the frizz. It does not straighten out curls unless you choose to do that when you blow it dry or use a flat iron. The treatment works on the hair's cuticle, causing the cuticle to lay flat. The father wasn't sending a negative message - his daughter's hair couldn't even get a comb through it on some days.
    I heard of the products but just like you I am highly hesitant. Would it be possible to post a clearer ingredient list? Thank you

I'm not sure how to...I can email it to you if you'd like me to. The app disappeared from my phone and the website is acting wonky on my phone where the picture is stored.
    3A/3B
    So, to follow up...after I was sent the list of ingredients via email, I asked how it was possible for this "coating" to differentiate between moisture that causes frizz and the moisture my hair needs to get from conditioner.

I have received no reply to that email.

So, unless someone can either tell me what exactly is in that bottle and how it does its magic OR can answer my question about moisture, I won't be trying this product.
    3A/3B
  • jaymejojosjaymejojos Registered Users Posts: 4 Curl Neophyte
    I'm currently trying it out - if you are curious about how this product would work, the do offer a travel size so you don't have to invest a lot of money to give it a try.

My thoughts on the product - when I first used it I noticed that it didn't bubble much (a side effect of no sulfates I believe) and the conditioner was thin and runny. Despite that, it turned my hair into silk.... until I washed it out. :hmph:

Once I got out of the shower I used my normal products - It's a Ten spray on the ends and then Ouidad Heat and Frizz control gel. The first use, I actually noticed more frizz :thumbdown: But my hair felts thicker so I thought, "maybe it takes a few uses" so I've kept going. Today was the third time I used it and the frizzing feels better and my hair still feels thicker. My only issue is my curls seem to be weighted down. By the end of the day my hair is flat and the curls are limp and falling apart.

I'll keep using the remainder of the travel size and see if it gets any better but so far I really don't see this working for me long term. :sad7:

Also I would take a look at the case studies - https://lubricitylabs.com/category/case-studies/. It looks like they aren't exactly marketing this to people with curly hair.
  • nouveaucurlsnouveaucurls Registered Users Posts: 1
    I recently purchased the starter pack from Lubricity Labs. I followed all the steps and voila! No noticeable difference....at all. Except my hair seemed limper and weighed down.

I emailed them and asked what I should be seeing. They responded quickly and politely, which was nice, and told me that it doesn't always work immediately and that I should use their shampoo and conditioner ~5 times, by which time I should see some difference.

I have used them twice now, and I still can't see any difference and I hate the way my hair doesn't feel clean now. It feels weighed down and coated, as if with coconut oil. I don't see any less frizz. I even looked at a pic of my hair in January versus the day in March I used their Penetrate/Encapsulate treatment...and literally zero difference (the photos are on my phone, so I didn't post them here).

My curls aren't more defined and there is not less frizz. The only difference I've noticed besides my hair feeling less clean is that it has less body sometimes. And I am about $200 poorer.

I've asked if they offer any satisfaction guarantee refund...twice...and they have ignored the question now....twice. Sigh. I was so hoping this would work.
  • curlysuewhocurlysuewho Registered Users Posts: 6 Curl Neophyte
    I bought Lubricity Labs last month. My hair was very soft and shiny after the initial treatment but I was still dealing with a little bit on lingering frizz so I emailed customer service and they said that I should be combing it through in the shower, focusing on the extra frizzy parts. That seemed to do the trick! I'm about 3 weeks in now and still happy with it, even in the terrible August humidity :cry::cry:

I'm hoping this will work in the long haul!
  • annebanneb Registered Users Posts: 1
    This was a waste of $200. It was a disaster to do the 2 step process which is supposed to be combed through but it created the worst tangles of my life (and I'm 48 yrs old). I finally got it combed through but it pulled out tons of hair and I felt like I was damaging it but powered on since I had invested the money and wanted to believe it would work. I ended up with about a 20-30% reduction in frizz but instead of being manageable (like keratin) I still had to round brush it for 10-15 minutes since its not a straightener and if it dried naturally my waves/curls were no better than if I hadn't used the product at all. To reiterate, it did NOT get rid of frizz it just slightly reduced it, it does not create smoother and shinier hair as their website states and my hair felt waxy and dirtier sooner after washing than I've ever experienced before. Also, the shampoo and conditioner created the same tangles as the processing. This was one of the few times I bought something without it having a lot of reviews so wanted to put my experience out there to help others in case they are on the fence. Oh, I also called customer service to be sure I had done everything correctly and while they were friendly, they actually suggested that maybe I had only dampened my hair and not thoroughly wet it before shampooing.....as if at 48 yrs old with thick, curly/wavy hair I haven't figured out i need to completely wet it first. So yes, I did everything right except when I threw away $200.
  • curlysuewhocurlysuewho Registered Users Posts: 6 Curl Neophyte
    Hey Anne. That's such a bummer to hear that you didn't like it. I'm about 3 months in and am loving it! I actually just purchased my second treatment and two more for my sisters. It's been a game changer for me. Granted, it took a little while to get there and it took continued use but now I can go outside and my hair doesn't blow up in humidity like it usually does. How long have you been using it? Maybe if you continue, it'll get better like mine did? I've never had a keratin though (and never will) so I can't speak to your hair type. Hang in there, sweetie!
  • AnnaMillerAnnaMiller Registered Users Posts: 1
    I heard about Lubricity Labs several months ago but wanted to learn more about it before using it. This website was one of the first to pop up with reviews when I googled it. When I saw what others had to say on here, I thought I would wait and keep an eye on it. I ended up giving it a try during a promo they were running last month and I am absolutely thrilled with this product. My hair is so manageable now and it dries faster than ever. It’s worth every penny as far as I’m concerned. I can actually wear my hair curly for the first time in my life without loading it down with a ton of product. I’m glad I decided to give it a try and wanted to come back on this website and post my honest review. It’s a wonderful product created by a doctor for his teenage daughter, and it WORKS. I think we humans have a tendency to only get vocal when we’re upset about something so I wanted to be sure my positive experience was heard.
  • nc_adminnc_admin Administrator Administrators Posts: 50 Administrator
    Awesome that it worked for you so well, AnnaMiller.
  • JackieOnealJackieOneal Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    Hi there.  I just wanted to second the comment above made in another post.  I too read these reviews before purchasing as I figured they were independent and authentic.  I decided to purchase and I was so pleasantly surprised by the way my hair turned out!!! It's fabulous! I'm about 2 months in to my treatment and I just ordered another set of shampoo and conditioner as I plan to continue the system.  It seems like my hair just continues to get better over time. I've lived my entire life in south Louisiana and NOTHING has ever worked until now.  Even my husband and kids noticed how much softer and shinier my hair is and I get compliments almost daily.  Lubricity has a customer for life with me!  Just wanted to share a little love for them <3
  • eelizggeelizgg Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    For me, this was too good to be true. I tried the two-step treatment, with no difference to my hair, except that it felt a little tanglier. It may depend on hair type. I have very coarse, low porosity hair. An expensive trial. I like the smell of the shampoo and conditioner at least.
  • ProfTheaProfThea Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    I have very thin, fine, high porosity hair that's about 50% gray.  The Lubricity two-step treatment was borderline miraculous for me, eliminating frizz and amplifying my wave/curl pattern.  I'm purely a wash and go person--no heat tools (just plopping). 

Prior to Lubricity Labs, I "washed" my hair almost daily with a no silicones, sulfates or parabens conditioner and with a no-poo once per week (or after a particularly sweaty day).  I'd also usually switch leave-in/styling products every few months because everything builds up on my hair over time. 

Now with Lubricity, I give myself a treatment about every four months and use the Lubricity Labs Q-Shampoo and Q-Condition every other day.  On the "no wet" days I still use about 10 spritzes of Ouidad Botanical Boost Curl Energizing and Refreshing Spray or Deva Curl Mist-er Right Dream Curl Refresher to perk my hair back up.  No muss, no fuss and my waves and curls are smooth and professional every day now.  

Note about the Lubricity treatment: my hair is just past my shoulders, and there is quite a LOT of step-1 and step-2 product for the treatment.  For me, step-1 foams up and bubbles like crazy, so I have to hang over the edge of the tub during application or it goes all over the place.  
  • harperb1979harperb1979 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 1 Curl Neophyte
    Like several others that visited here, I googles reviews of Lubricity Labs and saw this thread.  I decided to purchase it and I was pleasently surprised. I second the comment above that sometimes we as humans are more likely to complain than to praise. 

Yes, the treatment is somewhat messy, but the good thing is that I only had to use it once.  Using the shampoo and conditioner has really helped my hair and even though it's been 9 months since I last used the treatment, the shampoo and conditioner seem to do the same thing.

I sent the website to my best friend and she had her hairdresser put the treatment on her hair and the results were AMAZING!!!!! I'm really convinced that the product may just be a little too difficult for some people to do at home. I recommend that if you're reading this and you're on the fence, go ahead and buy a small version of the shampoo and conditioner they have on the website.  It's only like $15 and that way you might know if you like the products.  For me (and my best friend) we're users for life, but I can see where some will have problems with the treatment.  To each his own!  My frizzy rats nest is gone so that's all I'm worried about!!! =)=)=)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file