Getting frustrated

itskyrstenitskyrsten Posts: 43Registered Users
I have been on the search for products that benefit my hair. I have 2b hair. However, it's oily at the top, flat and frizzy on the bottom. My hair is also thinning.

I've tried natural products such as monat, which totally made my hair super overly oily,and others that use natural oils. They just make the oiliness even worse, which makes the thinning look worse.

I need to know what kind of products I need for my hair. Cheap. I'm tired of spending money on products that do not work for my type.

Thanks!!

Comments

• MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Curl Connoisseur Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hi, Kyrsten

welcome!! before trying the CG method, did you clarify with a shampoo without silicones to get rid of any possible silicone residue from old products?
  • MorrisonFan91MorrisonFan91 Curl Connoisseur Posts: 609Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hi, Kyrsten

welcome!! before trying the CG method, did you clarify with a shampoo without silicones to get rid of any possible silicone residue from old products?
  • itskyrstenitskyrsten Posts: 43Registered Users
    I haven't used anything with silicones in a while. I've had to keep my hair up for work, so the oiliness really hasn't bothered me, but now that I don't have to wear my hair up as much, I'd like it to not look so thin, flat and oily.
  • Therese1Therese1 Curl Virtuoso Posts: 2,563Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I would recommend a clarifying shampoo with sulfates to get a clean slate, and then I would try a protein-rich conditioner. You could use a gentle sulfate-free shampoo for maintenance. I can't recommend any products because I don't use drugstore products; sorry.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file