between-washes detangling

I co-wash my hair once a week, and there I can detangle them. But as I would like to grow them longer, to waist or hips, I want to find a way to detangle them every day. Keeping the texture is not a big deal, If I spray them right after it all comes back, the problem is getting enough slip so I don't damage them. Any suggestions? would using a detangler be a good solution?

Comments

• curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    Ooh, I don't think that's a good idea. Honestly it could damage them more. I'm pretty sure that detangling your hair only on wash day is perfectly ok, and is way better that trying to detangle every day. Remember our hair isn't like straight hair. Straight hair needs to be detangled daily, but that's actually really bad for curly hair.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • ghanimaghanima Registered Users Posts: 4
    When I detangle them after a week, they'll be rather difficult to sort without some mechanical damage, especially when they are very long. But I see in your avatar your hair look long. I don't know maybe it's just a matter of moisturizing them well and then they'll detangle easily even after a week and even if they are waist or hip long?
  • guineapigsrcuteguineapigsrcute Registered Users Posts: 64 Curl Neophyte
    What does detangling more often have to do with growing hair longer?
  • ghanimaghanima Registered Users Posts: 4
    The longer they are the more they'll tangle, and the more the consequent breakage will ruin the hair. Longer hair are more delicate in many ways. And you don't really want damaged long hair, you want them long and beautiful, if not what's the point.
    So I wondered if there's a curlygirl perspective on this point.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file