Looking for Reco's / Stopping Deva Curl Products

machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
Been using Deva Curl products Delight line and B'Leave In. As some have posted Deva products seem to go downhill after a while and I'm experiencing it. So I'm looking for recommendations. My hair is high po on the ends, medium in the middle and low po at the roots. I consider myself a wavy and not a curly.

I'm looking for a poo, condish and a leave in for styling. I'm not into gel and scrunching the crunch out. Also looking for a reco for a clarifier to get the product out of my hair and start over. Would like to point out that my hair likes protein so a poo, condish with protein but not too much.

Thanks!

Comments

• LBoogie22LBoogie22 Registered Users Posts: 37
    I found this for cheaper products as I've also been using Deva curl products but don't think the price tag is sustainable on my budget.

ed7a88b340a84d08dae5a9a65859fd0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • machermacher Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    LBoogie22 wrote: »
    I found this for cheaper products as I've also been using Deva curl products but don't think the price tag is sustainable on my budget.

ed7a88b340a84d08dae5a9a65859fd0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it's not about the price. As others have posted Deva Curl products seem to go downhill after a while and that's what's happening to me. I don't mind paying money for premium product.
  • Therese1Therese1 Registered Users Posts: 2,563 Curl Virtuoso
    For a clarifier, I just bought the Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo, which has sulfates. I tried the Clairol Herbal Essences Naked shampoo, which also has sulfates, but it was really harsh on my hair and made my hands and arms itch. The Bumble and Bumble seemed to do a good job with much less product and was gentler on my hair.

For a leave-in, I am currently enjoying Curl Junkie's BeautiCurls leave-in. It doesn't have protein, though. But I think there is a "strengthening" version with protein. It helps define my curls and seems to do a good job of locking in moisture without being greasy or heavy.
    Low poo: Intelligent Nutrients (IN) Harmonic; Oribe Cleansing Creme
    RO: IN Harmonic
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Jessicurl (JC) Gelebration Spray
    DC: JC Deep Conditioning Treatment; Weleda Rosemary Conditioning Oil
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Low-porosity 2a/b baby-fine hair
    For a clarifier, I just bought the Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo, which has sulfates. I tried the Clairol Herbal Essences Naked shampoo, which also has sulfates, but it was really harsh on my hair and made my hands and arms itch. The Bumble and Bumble seemed to do a good job with much less product and was gentler on my hair.

For a leave-in, I am currently enjoying Curl Junkie's BeautiCurls leave-in. It doesn't have protein, though. But I think there is a "strengthening" version with protein. It helps define my curls and seems to do a good job of locking in moisture without being greasy or heavy.
    Stylers: JC Confident Coils; IN Volumizing Spray; IN Perfect Hold Hairspray; John Masters Sea Mist; Bumble Bb. Gel; Kenra Firm-Hold Gel; Sevi Blue Yarrow Sea Salt Spray
    Therese1 wrote: »

What are you using for shampoo and condish?
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Registered Users Posts: 334 Curl Neophyte
    I have a few different shampoos and conditioners that I rotate. I like the Not Your Mother's "Way to Grow" Long and Strong shampoo and conditioner, The conditioner works very well as a L.I., and the Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasures shampoo. I also love Renpure coconut shampoo/condish, and the argan oil one, too. Then I have Tresseme botanique conditioner, and Aussie mega moist condish that I mix and match with whichever shampoo I want to use. I have a full/strong sulfate shampoo from suave (coconut scent) that I use when I feel like really cleaning my scalp. Recently I got the Garnier Whole Blends Legendary Olive conditioner, and it's very moisturizing, like TOO much, so idk when, but I'll use it for something.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • AmKoAmKo Registered Users Posts: 96 Curl Neophyte
    I just gave Kenra curl styling conditioner a try as a leave-in. I didn't expect much, but I love it. I got it as a full sized sample in the mail and left it in the closet for a while. So glad I didn't get rid of it without trying. It does have some protein in it, but I'm not sure how much. It is a dual purpose conditioner, however I have not tried it out as anything other than a leave-in.
    I prefer product that I can buy at a store vs online.
  • AmKoAmKo Registered Users Posts: 96 Curl Neophyte
    Kenra is available at Ulta if there is one near you.
    Macher, for shampoo, I am using Intelligent Nutrients Harmonizing shampoo. It's pretty pricey, but the bottle is quite large, and it's very gentle. For conditioner, I use the Harmonizing conditioner in the warmer months, and in the cooler months I use Curl Junkie Smoothing Daily Conditioner or else Mineral Fusion Curl Care conditioner. The Curl Care has a bit of protein, though not much--I am pretty protein sensitive, but my hair doesn't seem to mind the Curl Care conditioner.
  • SCARLETROSESCARLETROSE Registered Users Posts: 17 Curl Neophyte
    AG Hair Care RE:COIL Activator.

A good holding cream styler. Leaves hair with soft hold, not crunchy. You'll have to experiment to find the right amount that works for you.
  • SCARLETROSESCARLETROSE Registered Users Posts: 17 Curl Neophyte

A good holding cream styler. Leaves hair with soft hold, not crunchy. You'll have to experiment to find the right amount that works for you.
    For a claifying shampoo, I've been liking Bumble and Bumble Sunday shampoo. It has sulfates. You need just a little bit. It seems to do a good job.

I started another similar thread about Deva products. Basically I'm looking for products that are similar to Deva Delight low poo and conditioner glycerin free. When humidity is right Deva Delight makes my hair rock. However living in Philly the humidity is never just right.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file